We loved staying here, there's a child like niceness to the luxury surroundings which we found charming. The villas are arranged on their own individual stilt islands around a lagoon filled with wildlife, not too close to infringe on each other. They are comfortable and roomy. The spa is great, the rooms half in and half out of the jungly island it's on.
The Resident Naturalist is a splendid fellow, so enthusiastic, so knowledgeable. We went searching for the lorises he discovered three years ago, at night in the jungle with red light head torches, what fun.
The food is patchy, not what you'd expect but we didn't care. The access road is so bad it's quicker to walk the last 500m from the main road, past the wild peacocks and the crocs. We had a very good time here. Different is good, this was different in a very good way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Infused with eco friendly, sustainable modern design, Jetwing Vil Uyana is nestled deep in the heart of the island paradise of Sri Lanka incorporating four main ecological zones from forests to marshes. It is a retreat perfect for tranquillity seekers or for those who wish to be close to the island’s rich array of flora and fauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Jetwing Vil Uyana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Sigiriya
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Hotel Sigiriya