We tried to book a paddy dwelling but they were full and ended up with a forest dwelling - we are so glad we did. It was fabulous. The room was very spacious and our balcony overlooked the lake (with its own crocodile) and over our own private swimming pool. The bathroom was down stairs and partly outside. The bath was to die for being huge and made of stone which was sunken into the floor and next to a pool full of fish - so romantic! The service was great - the staff friendly and efficient. The food was really really good - especially the breakfasts. I have stayed in some of the best 5* hotels around the world (Four Seasons, Zoetry, Oberoi) and this is as good as most. My only negative comments are - there are no wardrobes so I had to live out of my suitcase (but an iron is provided) and the towels and bed linen could do with replacing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Infused with eco friendly, sustainable modern design, Jetwing Vil Uyana is nestled deep in the heart of the island paradise of Sri Lanka incorporating four main ecological zones from forests to marshes. It is a retreat perfect for tranquillity seekers or for those who wish to be close to the island’s rich array of flora and fauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Jetwing Vil Uyana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Sigiriya
- Jetwing Vil Uyana Hotel Sigiriya