“Overrated on trip advisor” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lakmini Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sigiriya
Lakmini Lodge
You added Lakmini Lodge to your Saves list
Main Street | No.126, Sigiriya 21120, Sri Lanka   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Overrated on trip advisor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong this place has spacious rooms with fan and a warmish water in the shower but it is fairly basic. The hut that has views of the rock does have nice views but that's about it, if you are going to sigiriya you will be visiting the rock anyway so I wouldn't base my decision on that. When we were there the place was having sewage problems so the whole place smelt a bit wiffy, also the power went off at about 5am in the morning. We had a blOcked toilet when we arrived- they did fix it but it took over an hour. Overall the place is basic and the owner really tries his best but I think there are plenty of other places that are nicer than lakmini for a similar price.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Hsinchu County, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had a great time in Sigiriya. The owner of the Lakmini Lodge was very friendly and helpful. He offered me two different rooms - one for 2000 rupies and one for 3000 rupies. The room I got was basic but had a fan, private shower, and mosquito net. I cannot remember if it had hot water or not.

There was a small thatched roof hut at the back of the property with a nice view of Sigiriya rock in the afternoon. In the mornings I ate breakfast in this hut. I also played some games with other guests one night and drank some beers there.

I was surprised to see how green the area was. I saw many animals in the area and some around the hotel such as Mongoose and grey Langurs.

The owner helped me with everything I needed - bus info, laundry, Sigiriya Rock info (and he drew me a map). He also had a shop and sold me a pair of cheap sandals for $1. He also had dinner prepared at night for a decent price. Although there was some good food and good value just down the road which I preferred to eat at when I was alone. When I did eat at the lodge it was nice because I was eating and talking with the other guests from the hotel.

The owner arranged a trip to one of the national parks close by with a safari truck and driver. The guide didn't explain much and he called a Monitor lizard an Iguana. But the trip was nice... I must have seen over 50 elephants and we never bothered them. We also took our time and had a nice sunset view inside the park. Anyone selling trips to the park is probably making some commission but I do not think it matters who you go with so just go with someone you like. If you want to see elephants this is a great place to do it.

Sigiriya was one of my favorite places on this trip. The hotel/owner made my stay there great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I keep this review very simple:
This is a great place to stay in Sigirya. The owner is so nice, friendly and helpful that is is pure joy to be a guest at this place. The rooms are big, clean, new and have comfy beds and hot water.
And of course there is the famous "rock restaurant" which is a wooden hut on tilts from where you have a lovely view on Sigiriya Rock while zipping some sunset beers.
100% recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
marseille
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

we stayed 2 nights in a small fan room with hot shower. Room was pretty clean, smelling a bit of damp but nothing too bad. The view of the rock from the convivial tree house is one of the best in town.
The hotel is located 5 minutes walk from the "town center" and 15 minutes from the lion rock. There are a few hotel in town to get cheap and nice food and most importantly, cold beer! as the lakmini lodge don't have any. (no license) that's the only downside as well as the absence of wifi on site, as advertised.. .but overall very worth the 2000 rps.

Room Tip: There are other rooms with more comfort and different prices. Don't come by tuk tuk as the own...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The view from the tree house is about the best we have had of lion rock. There are nearby restaurants and cafes though Chandi can provide breakfast and diner. Our room was very clean and comfortable and we were made welcome with fresh sheets and towels whenever we needed them. Simple, comfortable and quiet, a lovely base to unwind.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Colombes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a really good time staying in the Lakmini Lodge which was recommended by friends. Especially the staff and the tree house with an amazing view are unique for this lodge. The owner is really nice and friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
hong king
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Im Mark andrew, im from hong kong, i was stay 3 nights there, coz lakmini lodge is so quiet place to stay have have rest, chandi is the ower and he is caring about us like a family. room was realy clean, there have few kind of rooms. we could have good room, its dippending on how much u pay for the room, there have fully white double rooms, those are super and i was stay there. and mr chandi bring us to the sigiriya antrance by his tuck tuck, its free. and his wife and daughter cooking our meant, its realy super and delicious. and i realy worry abt the comment of 106. its realy lie, coz i had a experions of 3 nights there, so its not good to say like that to mr chandi or lakmini lodge, coz he is very honest also helping us,

Room Tip: A best place to stay in sigiriya
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lakmini Lodge? Share your experiences!