We stayed here for two nights recently. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the area.
It's far from anything walking distance, so you need to have your driver take you to eat or the store.
The wifi is only available in common areas and is really weak.
The rooms are very quiet and most are separated from each other. The rooms are also roomy with large bathrooms with both shower and tub.
The food is average and the free breakfast buffet (from 6:45 to 9:30) is better than the dinner buffet.
The staff were friendly and courteous.
The pool is a nice feature and a welcome sight after a day of exploring the area.
The hotel has driver's quarters for your driver to stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideally located hotel situated facing the magnificent Sigiriya rock in the midst of a small village named Digampathaha. It is located just 20 minutes from the beautiful and ever famous town of Dambulla. A short 15 kilometer drive towards Habarana and you will be in Digampathaha. A turn to your right and in 5 minutes you’ll be in the most scenic location in the area. Kassapa Lions Rock is an ideal base from which you can explore. Wi -Fi Facility is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Kassapa Lions Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kassapa Lions Rock Hotel Sigiriya
- Kassapa Lions Rock Dambulla