This is a excellent propery that is set with a backdrop of the Sigiriya Rock, the property has a lot of monkeys, birds (white cranes & peacock) that are a constand feature around the hotel. The pool is very nice and the staff are extreemly helpful. The room service orders are prompt and quick and over all a very pleasent experience. We stayed here for 2 nights and the food was excellent and they varied the food on both days so that you do not get bored eating the same stuff routinely.
Here is my complaint. On the first day during dinner my wife had asked one of the chef's if the soup was vegetarian as my mother is a pure vegetarian and my wife is alergic to fish. The chef or one of the guys with the Chef hat said it was vegetarian but I had my doubts and instructed my mother not to touch the soup till I confirmed it with the Chef. Then I went up to the guy and asked "ARE YOU SURE ITS VEGETARIAN", I have been to bangkok many times and I know tha Tom Yum soup is always made with fish sauce unless it it cooked for a buddist monk. I started to ask pointed question " Does it have beef"? Does it have Chicken ? Does it have pork ? When I get to does it have Fish--- The Fool said "Sorry SIR it has FISH".
I was annoyed at this and told him "YOU OF ALL PEOPLE MUST KNOW YOUR INGREDIENTS" as being from Sri Lanka you know that people have religious practises and do not eat meat/fish. He said he was sorry!
I spoke to the restaurant manager and that maybe they should label their food as Veg / Non-Veg so that they can help Vegetarians, Vegans etc also that their staff be adequately educated!. I expect that one say "I am not sure I will find out" instead of confidently saying Veg without proper knowledge of the ingredients.
There were a lot of ants in the room. Also we asked for extra towels to use as floor mats in the bathroom as the floor is very slippery when you walk from the shower area, our 2.5 year old daughter slipped and fell flat in the bathroom due to this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideally located hotel situated facing the magnificent Sigiriya rock in the midst of a small village named Digampathaha. It is located just 20 minutes from the beautiful and ever famous town of Dambulla. A short 15 kilometer drive towards Habarana and you will be in Digampathaha. A turn to your right and in 5 minutes you’ll be in the most scenic location in the area. Kassapa Lions Rock is an ideal base from which you can explore. Wi -Fi Facility is available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Kassapa Lions Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kassapa Lions Rock Hotel Sigiriya
- Kassapa Lions Rock Dambulla