I have been waiting to visit this hotel for sometime. Due to the facts i have gathered through the internet this place was once owned by a kandyan chief. When Last King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe did the official visits to various location this was a stopover and he used bathe in Mahaweli river. That itself has attracted me. Apart from the ancient value , as usual Cinnamon hotels are well known for scrumptious food and warm hospitality. The scenic beauty of Mahaweli river was a soothing experience.
One thing i would like to suggest is that to change the uniform of male staff and some of them can be bit more friendly and professional when dealing with the customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel