We spent a couple of nights at this place & thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Right from check in to check out, the hotel impressed us with their excellent service. No waiting at the reception desk to check in, you're seated in the lobby & served welcome drinks while they complete a minimal, hassle free check in. You meanwhile can soak in the splendid view of the pool & the Mahaweli river with the mountains creating a picteresque backdrop!
Our room too had a lovely view of the river & the pool and was very comfortable. They have a wonderful poolside dining area and we loved the food - found the menu options were limited though. The breakfast buffet however was splendid and once again, the views from The Panorama restaurant are simply breathtaking.
Do note that the hotel is a bit off the main Kandy city & hence takes a while getting to - but totally worth the distance for the peace & liesure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel