I have to say that the staff here were probabibly one of the best in Sri Lanka in my 2 weeks of travel around the country. Their service was above the call of duty. Calls to the reception was picked up before a third ring, request to maintenance had a maintenance person dispatched to our room under 10 minutes.
The service at the restaurant was excellet with a fantasic selection both at break fast and dinner buffet, we stayed 3 nights here and absolutely enjoyed it. My daughter enjoyed the pool and threw a fit like most 2 year olds on entering the hotel, almost every receptionist & staff remember this and asked me if I did take her to the pool, when I returned to the hotel after 3 days to stay one night, the rooms were not ready hovever they remembered my daughter and asked me if I need a room to change and take her to the pool " very nice".
The rooms were comfortable with a balcony overlooking the river. It did not have a tub, which I did not care for, I used the laundry that was very efficient and they returned clothes washed and presses by noon even though I drop off the laundry at 10:00 AM.
Couple of negatives 1. The first room that I had did not have a light in the shower ( As the entire shower is done with dark tiles - it becomes dark & dungeony.
2. My sisted in the other room complined of ordor from the bathroom drain in her room.
3. They do not have elevatory to rooms ( depending on the floor it involves walking up/down steps)
I will give them a solid 4 star and don't see myself staying at another place in Kandy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel