the staff said it was 10% service charge, then you pay 12% government tax on your bill plus service charge then a further 2% n.b.t tax on your bill plus service charge plus goverment taxes. so actually you pay around 26% extra. that is quite hefty if there are a few of you. nice hotel but that leaves a bad taste in your mouth. they are not transparent about the taxes they charge.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel
- Chaaya Citadel Kandy Hotel Kandy
- Chaaya Citadel Hotel Kandy
- Kandy Chaaya Citadel Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sweeping green hills, the longest river in the country, misty mornings and the fresh outdoors, are just a few things that naturally come together here to make the perfect holiday. Just 2 1/2 hours from the Sri Lanka's Capital City Colombo, Chaaya Citadel Kandy has reinvented itself taking into account the needs of holidaymakers around the world. Replete with a sense of history, serenity and majesty, the hotel offers guests the opportunity to experience the amazing Kandyan history, the culture and the arts that play a big role in the lives of the Sri Lankans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Cinnamon Citadel Kandy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.