“Amazing view, great value, fantastic service!” 5 of 5 stars

Kandy View Hotel
Ampitiya Road | 40, 22 Hillpankandura, Kandy, Sri Lanka   |
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Kandy
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing view, great value, fantastic service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Kandy View Hotel in late January for a few nights and were really impressed. The restaurant at the top of the hotel offers amazing views of the surrounding mountains. The rooms are basic but clean and the manager Kanchana was extremely helpful and knowledgable about where to go and what to do in the surrounding areas.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Stayed for three days at the kandy view and enjoyed the fabulous view from the roof top restaurant. A visual treat for nature lovers. Service was beyond expectation, staff were very friendly and responded very well to all our requirements. Rooms were quite decent , good facilities esp the pool. All in all a comfortable stay , and we got back with a promise to return on our next visit!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

We stayed at the Kandy View based on the other reviews on T.A but to be honest we were less than impressed overall. The staff were quite friendly and helpful and the view from the rooftop restaurant was amazing and had the sun shone at all i'm sure the pool would have been great. However, in reality we found the room we were initially given absolutely stank of mold and even when we changed rooms it was still clear that it hadn't been cleaned for quite some time and this new room was also pretty moldy. We ordered food from the restaurant on the first night which was less than impressive and we made sure we ate elsewhere for the rest of our stay. Had it not been for the dog outside barking all night long that kept us awake, it would certainly have been the chef starting his daily prep in the kitchen directly above us from 5am who would have. Overall, i wouldn't recommend this place particularly if the weather is awful as the whole place reeks of damp & mold.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Karmiel, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

however overcharging for dinner (probabely by mistake) good value hotel.
a failure of toilet was fixed immediately after I let the staff know, not the same regarding tv.
once one in kandy taking this hotel into account is recomended.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

Stayed at the Kandy View for a couple of nights back in November. Place was clean, food was great, service outstanding. Only minus was a bit of dampness in the room, but given that it rained nearly constantly, it was sort of understandable. I must say though that it was the service which made it truly worthwhile. Everybody was really friendly and helpful, but Mr. Kanchana, the owner, seems to go the extra mile to accommodate his guests' needs. He definitely did it for us, and we're very grateful for it. Recommended!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

I stayed at the kandy View Hotel a little less than 2 weeks ago and can easily say it was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. I stayed for a night and checked out the following evening. The location is absolutely phenomenal! If you are a nature lover like I am you will love the view that this hotel has to offer. It is high up on the mountains and gives you an amazing ability to admire the natural beauty of kandy! The room that I stayed in was closest I have ever seen to perfect, It had big window's giving me the chance to have a panoramic view of the mountains, tree's and houses. I didnt want to leave the room!! the location is ideal, we had hired hire so access to and from the city was extremely easy, It was about 10mins away from all the local markets and shops which was ideal for me! all the staff and workers there were extremely polite and helpful and had a good understanding of English making it much easier to communicate. The hotel has a great design to it, it is clean and calm, the service is amazing and most importantly the location is definitely one of a kind! I will definitely go back there if I get a chance to visit Kandy again and will recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family! Keep up the good work! Much love from Canada, Narges :)

Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Kandy View Hotel in November. As a woman traveling alone, several things are very important to me, primarily cleanliness, location and friendly staff. This hotel exceeded my expectations on all fronts. The location is perfect - a 15 minute walk to town with stunning views from the rooms and the restaurant. The owner takes it upon himself to ensure you are very well looked after and you are! There are standard rooms and luxury rooms. The luxury rooms are bigger and have high ceilings - good range to choose from. I spent several days entranced by the gorgeous view and I only wanted to stay longer.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Kandy View Hotel? Share your experiences!