“A best place to relax” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 52 Hotels in Kandy
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A best place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very calm & relaxing place. Every where it's green & beautiful mountains. It has a wonderful garden with so beautiful flowers & total atmostphere bring the freshness.

The staff is really friendly. Food also very good. We really enjoyed the b/fast & dinner buffet. At the b/fast we received a made tea which is really feel that we are having a cup of tea. That was so tasteful. Thanks to the Chef Seneviratne & team for the delicious food you made.

Rooms are ok. It has to be renovate a little to bring it to a standard level. Housekeeping has to work a little bit to keep the cleanliness in rooms. They use all real herbal products for aurvedic treatments.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Essex, U.K.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel is extremely comfortable, very friendly courteous staff and ideally situated in acres of grounds with superb views..
The food was varied and well prepared - all in all a very good value for money hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We arrived at the hotel which is situated about 20 minutes from Kandy .It is situated in the woods on the top of a mountain.The group was received nicely with a tropical cocktail.The rooms were ready and one of the staff came with us to show the room.All the guests are shown their rooms by the staff.Quite remarcable.The hotel has a wanderful garden with tropical flowers and a very big swiming pool looking over the mountains.It has a very relaxing atmosphere.
The room has safe,coffee maker TV and AC.
The dinner was excellent maybe one of the best in all our trip of 11 days.Breakfast was also wonderfull.We stayed for only one day but I had the impresion that even a week can be pleasant stay.
There is a free mini bus from the hotel to Kandy and back ,every half an hour.

Sidney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'm touring Sri Lanka at the mo. and it has been a truly amazing tour so far. Presently I'm based at Colombo (my guide / friend calls it cmb :P) and I just left the beautiful city of Kandy couple of days back, where we checked our selves at Tree of Life.

To summarize it I would use the word "Wow" the location was exquisite!!!! Love the whole green touch and the walks in wood. But I couldn't enjoy it much due to the pouring rain, so most of the time i was looking out from the balcony. I even tried the spa and it was truly refreshing. The masseur was very nice, was giving tips on how to keep my head straight (:P) during hectic times.

All in all the 4 days were quite pleasing and satisfying, I believe my room was well appointed for comparing to the old reviews. In a nutshell If you like calm and cool atmosphere this is the best place you get

Room Tip: specifically ask for a room away from the restaurant area to avoid noises
Kinross
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had come to the Tree of Life to experience the Ayerverdic Treatments and to totally relax.
Both were acheived. By the end of the 5 days I stayed I was completely refreshed. The Hotel staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was varied and well prepared and I enjoyed every meal we had. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Tree of Life and I intend to stay here again next year.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were planning to go to my aunt’s place in Kandy for the holidays and unfortunately we had to cancel it off! But since our family and my Rose aunt were ready for a chilling time we thought of going to a hotel in Kandy. As a recommendation we went to Hotel Tree of Life and it was a nice experience. The location is calming and so was the villa we checked into. The rooms were decorated tastefully and it matched the Ayurvedic and nature feel. I loved the walks in the woods it was so refreshing. If I’m to summarise I would recommend this to anybody to have a good time.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nice quiet place, reasonably good rooms, scanty channels on TV, very good food. Good for a break from the usual city life. The ambience is very relaxing and gives u a break from the monotony of an usual hotel. The housekeeping staff need to be more attentive to complaints

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Tree of Life? Share your experiences!