“Review” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Kandy
Cuisines: European, Chinese, Seafood, Halal
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The Honeypot Restaurant & Guest House is an Eighty seater family Restaurant located 1.5Km from the Kandy town centre.(About 5-8 minutes from the central Town Clock Tower by TukTuk). It is a great place to enjoy a meal overlooking the river and mountain range and indeed away from the pollution and noise of the town centre, yet not far from all the sight seeing places and attractions of the historical City. We offer a child and family friendly atmosphere. We serve hot and cold food from authentic Srilankan curries to fish&chips,Seafood dishes,fried rice, noodles, snacks, sandwiches, Halal dishes and many more. We also serve a selection of fresh tropical fruit juices along with hot drinks too. All our dishes are prepared to a very high standard. Our Prices are very low, whilst the service we offer is like no other. We also provide a free WiFi service to all our guests. The Honeypot also has four Guest Rooms which are clean, simple and competitively priced. All rooms are en-suite with a/c and fans. All rooms have a private balcony overlooking the river. The Honeypot prides itself for its simple original building design & deco, constructed utilising local material.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have not stayed at honeypot but I have dined and the food is great especially the curry. They have a variety of foods also they serve Helal food which is great for Muslims such as my self. The dining area is really clean also the view where the tables are set is great a clear view of the nature.

Visited July 2013
33honeypotbear, Manager at Honeypot Restaurant & Guest House, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
thank you for your review. we will continue to improve on our service and providing our best for our customers.

• Turkish first
Munich, Germany
“Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hi I am Sarah I stayed at Honeypot for 3 days, I was in the Kandy for a business trip. I like the view of the place you get a piece of the nature. The service was good smiling staff trying there best to keep me pleased. The food weren't bad at all i tried things usually i don't eat and tasted such as the fish cuisine which was good. This place is good for a few days stay.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review.
“Lovely place to stay at!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My car broke down as I was travelling a long way so I had to stay somewhere for the night. I was recommended Honeypot Guest house. I stayed here the room I received was great with a nice view of the nature and clean room. The food was great also the service was really good. It was cheap overall I would recommended to people.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
33honeypotbear, Manager at Honeypot Restaurant & Guest House, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. it has been a pleasure to to be able to serve guests like you. appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us and indeed feloow readers.
London
“Delicious food and Genuine staffs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed this guest house for 2nights with my husband and 2 kids.It is a restaurant and there are few guest rooms down stairs.It is not located in main road and is very quiet.
The food was delicious.There is a variety of food for a-la-carte.We prefere a-la-carte to buffet because most of restaurants and hotels have buffet and we got bored with it.
I really enjoyed local style curries and kids enjoyed sandwiches.Also the Sri Lankan milk tea served for breakfast was very tasty and unforgettable.
The staffs are very friendly and helpful and specially young staffs looked after my kids(5&7years old) and they were very happy and never got bored.Their service is not pushy,not like other place,but genuine.When we asked tuk-tuk to go to Botanical garden and they arranged it for a very resonable rate.
Only the negative side...we saw few ants in our room.I left some sweets on the table and ants were on it.However,it is Sri Lanka.It did not bother us much.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
33honeypotbear, Manager at Honeypot Restaurant & Guest House, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is encouraging to read your review. Of course we do all we can to eradicate the ant issue. let me assure you that we will make a further effort to control this issue. Our staff are young and relate to to young children very well. Thank you once again for your review.
Istanbul, Turkey
“Peace and Quiet + Great View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I recommend "Honeypot Restaurant & Guest House" the experience I had was excellent with my girl friend. We got our money's worth noise free area and had a great view of the nature. We went hiking often in our 4 days stay so much beautiful area we saw. The service we received was satisfying the only time I complained was when the food took a little too long to receive. They have variety of different dishes to choose from for breakfast lunch and dinner. my favourite dishes were the rice & curry, mix grills, Soups and sea food. The room we received was clean and really nice especially the view we had was stunning. Me and my girl friend had a wonderful romantic time alone together. I look forward to coming again sometime in the future and I recommend this place to everyone who is looking for a peace and quiet or for a romantic time with their partner.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
33honeypotbear, Manager at Honeypot Restaurant & Guest House, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your encouraging review of you experience at Honeypot. We sincerely thank you for your review, especially in regards to the rooms. We have 5 comfortable rooms operating, and our priority is to provide a comfortable, clean, basic rooms at rock bottom prices. I think we are achieving that now. again Thank you for your input, It means alot to us.