“Very Good Food, Not Brilliant But Worth Trying” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 74 Restaurants in Kandy
Cuisines: Asian, Vegetarian
Planet Earth
“Very Good Food, Not Brilliant But Worth Trying”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've eaten here twice now, and I can definitely recommend it as one of the better restaurants in Kandy. The food is way better than the restaurants on the high street, but still not quite as good as a couple of other places on the same road which I've also reviewed.

The main offering is traditional Sri Lankan rice & curry, for 120 rupees, and unlimited "refills" as it were - once you finished you can have some more.

I ordered a mixed fruit juice the last time I was there and this was probably the best I've had in Kandy, it really tasted of the fruit as opposed to the watered down varieties you get in most other places. They also do a couple of basic desserts.

The owner is quite friendly, as are the staff, and the restaurant is very clean having recently opened.

• Visited December 2012