“Excellent and beautiful place” 5 of 5 stars

Mount Havana
Mount Havana, Gamploa, Kandy, Sri Lanka   |
Ranked #6 of 99 Specialty Lodging in Kandy
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent and beautiful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We spent Christmas eve and some days afterwards in this tranquil and beautiful villa. We stayed in a room with scenic views to the mountains.
The food was great! There was an enthusiastic chef willing to prepare any dish, the menu had a variety of good options though. They have an organic garden from where they get the fruits and vegetables for their guests and some cows to get milk. The manager took as for a walk to the garden. It was a nice stroll, great views.
The room and bathroom were huge and nicely decorated. The mattres, bedding and pillows were very comfortable. We even had a private garden with a table and chairs.
We were travelling with a chauffeur who got a nice room and good food.
I totally recommend this place.

Room Tip: They dont have many rooms so I think all of them would be a good option. But as I wrote before, the...

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

During our trip to Srilanka we spent a night at Mt Havana and absolutely loved the villa, location, staff and service. Everything was impeccable. I only wish we had spent more time. The villa is beautifully kept and the staff and service were excellet!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Finished my 3 nights stay in this property a week back. I must recommend it highly. Its situated inside a 16 acres of a bliss of a plantation in a small town called Gampola. Gampola is in the middle of 2 famous places in Sri Lanka - Kandy (which I think is overrated) and Nuwara Eliya (A beautiful tea plantation town). It is about 25 Kms ahead of Kandy and you will have to drive for 50 Kms further from Gampola to reach Nuwara Eliya.

Its a beautiful villa, situated on the top of a mountain, having 6 spacious beautiful rooms with bathrooms as large as bedrooms. The view from this villa is breathtaking - You can view their own plantation, forests. mountains, clouds, etc. You do not have Televisions and Phones in the rooms - Idea is to relax and rejuvenate.

Staff is very nice and helpful, Chef is a sweetheart, cooks amazingly well. He has limited stuff on the menu but he can cook up a storm when requested - Do try Sri Lankan breakfast cooked by him. Highlight is the fresh fruits, fresh fruit juices, tea, etc. - All of this comes from their own plantation where all this stuff is grown organically.

I am extremely satisfied by the comfort, taste, rest and scenery that this place provided me. Go ahead book them and thank me later.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

It was really unexpectedly for us to find this peace of Paradise which is hiding among the mountains. It's not easy to get this place, but those who are chasing calm and peaceful rest, wouldn't be afraid of 20 minutes by serpentine road. The name of the villa is totally conformed with the level of comfort it proposes. The interior impresses by simplicity and taste. On my opinion, this villa needs nothing to be better. It's already an extremely good. I should also mention a chief, who can cook what ever you want. He used to work in Italy, Germany and Emirates and all the dishes he makes are very nice! Rooms are well done. I love the bath room which has a huge window with mountain view and the balcony. I should have said at first of my review that cleanliness is the main request for me and this is the first hotel at Sri Lanka that hasn't disappointed me with it! Also the stuff is very nice!
I'm sure, those who have chosen this villa wouldn't regret!

• Stayed January 2013
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

It was very relaxing villa which I have seen ever. Amazing location with excellent food I have not ever tested before. The bungalow is situated in the tea estate and it has mixed fruit organic garden and big organic vegetable garden which I have seen ever that everything in the same estate. Tour around the tea estate gathered lot of experience as well as walking in the spicy garden . it took Three hours for us to visit in the estate and was a good and different experince which i can"t get in the same place. We got chance to drink fresh cow milk which produce within the estate. Excellent staff service. Front view is amazing and I felt that I was in the worlds end. Everything is excellent. I will come again…….

Room Tip: Garden view luxury
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

A Boutique Hotel located on a fantastic real estate (tea plantation, fruit garden, herbal garden, cows, etc... >> eco-friendly and organic) in Gampola. A perfect spot to stay for discovering Kandy Province and relaxing after all sightseeing. The people working there are very friendly and really take care about guests. The food: just delicious. The service: perfect. The rooms: generously spaced and an ipod-music system :-) I can highly recommend this Villa!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mount Havana? Share your experiences!