We spent a week at the Mermaid Hotel from 29 December to 5 January and we weren’t disappointed! After a long journey (our flight from LHR on Air Sri Lanka was delayed 5 hours going out), we arrived to a very warm welcome at the hotel. Our room was a fantastic surprise with splendid views across the palm trees to the ocean. The buffet was good with choices to suit most tastes. The table staff were very attentive but not overbearing and always smiling. We had contacted Suresh (firstname.lastname@example.org) having read good things about him on Trip Advisor soon after booking, and he got in touch with us on the day we arrived. We told him what we wanted to do and he was extremely helpful, friendly and efficient in organising the trips for us. As we were only there for a week we didn’t want to go too far or stay overnight elsewhere so he arranged a river safari one afternoon and a trip to the elephant sanctuary early one morning. He was great and I highly recommend him – make sure it’s Suresh (he has a red Mohican) as there are other beach boys that impersonate him! The hotel itself is spacious and there are plenty of sunbeds to go round. The pool attendants are quick to bring you a mattress and towel to make the whole experience very relaxing. My only reservation or word of caution would be, that if, like me, you have an irrational phobia of squirrels, you might find the chipmunks around the pool something of an unwanted distraction. Overall though, it was a fabulous holiday marred only by our flight home with Air Sri Lanka which took 7 hours longer that it should have done due to inexplicable ‘operational delays’. We won’t be flying with them again but we would go back to the Mermaid if I can get some therapy for my squirrel phobia.
Mary and Frank – Leamington Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mermaid Hotel & Club lies on the golden sands of Mahawaskaduwa; a cosy fishing village in the city of Kalutara which is of religious significance, just 24 miles south of Colombo and 45 miles from the International airport. It is cleverly nestled in a vast coconut grove along a stretch of golden, sandy beach; a perfect get-away for sun, sand and sea lovers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Mermaid & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mermaid And Club
- Resort All Inclusive Mermaid
- Mermaid Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Mermaid & Club Sri Lanka/Kalutara