Nice 4-star rooms and facilities. Good central location, though it's about 10 mins walk (best do along the beach in order to avoid the stupid Marine Park entrance fee) to the real reef-protected area with year round safe swim which starts at Tranz hotel. Good TV, airco, bathroom with amenities; but do note that not all Superior rooms have full sea view, mine was 1st floor and mostly watched the restaurant. Excellent 4-star breakfast food and service (did not try dinner buffet) and nice evening entertainment.
Main downside is organisation, probably caused by staff training level. Went to pool 7:30 AM (it opens at 7) and the cleaner told 'pool boy with towels coming soon'; 8:45 he still was not there and of course already had gone to room and used room towel. Also checkout was quite chaotic, with the 2 staff members at the desk both talking to other guests and in between pointing me to a cashier counter which I did not need at all (room was prepaid and no extras). But if you can get a good price, please do visit the Citrus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miles of golden sands. Days spent lazing on the beach in the heart of Sri Lanka's Southern Coastal Belt, or exploring the ocean, diving shipwrecks, and snorkeling the reef. Poolside cocktails. Seaside lobster. Beach walks. Rainforest excursions. Friendly smiles and personalized service, whether you are a first-time guest or one of the many repeat visitors. We look forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Citrus Hikkaduwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citrus Hikkaduwa Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Amaya Reef Hikkaduwa
- Amaya Reef Hotel Hikkaduwa