This is a good boutique hotel near Hikkaduwa. Expensive & less value for money overall.
Hotel has been designed aesthetically but does not have anything exceptionally different
Few things which disappointed me are as following:
1. Little value of money: I think they are over priced for the rooms or decor they offer to the guest. They charged me $350 approx for a room when hotel had only 2 rooms occupied. I was booked for a room which was $300 approx exclusive breakfast which was not sea facing. For sea facing room 'Smudra', they asked me to pay $50 additional when almost 90% hotel rooms were unoccupied.
2. Less personal: Since it is boutique hotel with 12 rooms only & if you paying almost $ 350 a night, one would expect a hotel manager to at least come & greet/meet you for basic courtesies of asking how the guest is doing. Never happened.
3. Food prices are way above in comparison to other similar hotels. A meal for two would cost you approx $150-200.
What I liked in the hotel are:
1. Great food: Didn't meet the chef, but food was excellent. Very well prepared food, delicious & extremely well presented.
2. Restaurant Staff: Staff at restaurant was very courtesies & extremely attentive.
3. Great view of ocean: View from the room was really good. It has huge balcony & view to ocean is very nice
They need to work on personalization of services for the guest & little bit on the prices. Value for money seems to missing. The upgradeable room with extra $50 each night still hurts as hotel had less than 10% occupancy. They need to be more accommodative to guest needs & desires rather than always thinking of money.
Overall great hotel for relaxing for good 3-4 days. Food superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aditya is an exclusive all suite luxury boutique hotel on a hidden stretch of beach close to the historic city of Galle. The hotel is small and intimate and its rooms are amongst the largest and most lavishly appointed on the island. The accent is on unrestrained luxury, personalized service and total privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Aditya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aditya Hotel Hikkaduwa