We spent three nights at this hotel after a busy eight days touring the main sites of Sri Lanka. The hotel is in a good location, bars, cafés, restaurants and shops on door step. We had no problem getting a sunbed each day with an umbrella, and we weren't up at the crack of dawn!!!! The food is excellent, catering for all tastes. Certainly the best hotel food we experienced whilst in Sri Lanka, however nothing beats a local restaurant serving good authentic food! I loved the turtles and avoided the locals wanting money to feed them, just put on a pair of sunglasses and shrug your shoulders......works every time! We had a room on the third floor overlooking the sea....lovely views and the entertainment always finished around 11o'clock.
Now for the negatives......there is a real problem with condensation. The air con is on 24/7 and seems impossible to turn off completely, the room boys whack it up after cleaning the room even if you have turned it down! We followed other peoples advice, kept the balcony door closed, turned air con down, had fan on minimum but still our windows were covered with condensation most of the time. Our beds and clothes all felt damp and my main complaint is the damp/ condensation got into my Canon camera and fouled up the mechanism, I have been unable to use it for three days and now wonder how much the repair will cost me back home. I am not sure how you overcome this problem, but SLR camera users with expensive kit please be careful the condensation is a real problem! I am just glad we did not stay here at the beginning of the holiday........to be unable to take photos of this beautiful island would have been devastating. Apart from this, it is a very pleasant hotel. We enjoyed our last few days relaxing here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100 Km away from the bustling city of Colombo and located on the Southern shoreline of Sri Lanka is the district which offers a 24-hour party on the beach. Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa, rated a four star is built along the golden sands, calls out to all those who enjoy island-life and beach-life with a promise to pamper its guests with the Southern Sri Lankan hospitality. In each room there is a spacious private balcony looking out to a view of the Golden Belt of the South Coast. 2 family suites4 corner suites 4 deluxe rooms 140 Superior RoomsAir conditioned and equipped with a DVD player, 32” LCD TV, WiFi, mini bar, safety deposit box, telephone with IDD, complimentary tea and coffee making facility, hair dryer and complimentary toiletriesHotel Facilities and ServicesA selection of dining venues, the main restaurant, speciality crab restaurant, pool restaurant and coffee shop. A Lounge and pool bar that offers a wide array of local and international spirits; a roof-top spa facility, banquet hall and conference facility (80 pax). Moreover the hotel houses a fresh water swimming pool, PADI certified dive centre and an excursion counter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hotel Hikkaduwa