The views from each room's balcony are amazing, comprising mostly of the ocean and horizon and the pool and beach below.
We experienced the same problem as the prof (review below) in terms of the incredibly wet floors due to high levels of condensation in the room and housekeeping being tardy, requiring several calls before they showed up and when they did, only to mop the moisture around rather than to dry the floor. But the staff reallocated us to another room after we endured it for a night and the situation didn't get better. Actually the danger here is that the floor is concrete so when it gets so wet that there are puddles forming (which we experienced) it is incredibly slippery and both my wife and I had near misses.
However, the room we were reallocated did not have the same problem even though we crept the room temperature up instead of the allotted 21deg that they told us we had to keep the a/c at in order not to have the puddles forming again. So it was much more enjoyable at a dry and comfortable temperature.
The service is excellent at all restaurants. And the quality and value of food is superb....thus far unmatched across Sri Lanka (10 days in)
The rooftop spa azmaara is staffed by indonesian therapists and is worth a visit but be prepared to pay international prices not local.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100 Km away from the bustling city of Colombo and located on the Southern shoreline of Sri Lanka is the district which offers a 24-hour party on the beach. Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa, rated a four star is built along the golden sands, calls out to all those who enjoy island-life and beach-life with a promise to pamper its guests with the Southern Sri Lankan hospitality. In each room there is a spacious private balcony looking out to a view of the Golden Belt of the South Coast. 2 family suites4 corner suites 4 deluxe rooms 140 Superior RoomsAir conditioned and equipped with a DVD player, 32” LCD TV, WiFi, mini bar, safety deposit box, telephone with IDD, complimentary tea and coffee making facility, hair dryer and complimentary toiletriesHotel Facilities and ServicesA selection of dining venues, the main restaurant, speciality crab restaurant, pool restaurant and coffee shop. A Lounge and pool bar that offers a wide array of local and international spirits; a roof-top spa facility, banquet hall and conference facility (80 pax). Moreover the hotel houses a fresh water swimming pool, PADI certified dive centre and an excursion counter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hotel Hikkaduwa