Chaya Tranz, Hikkaduwa was a beautiful hotel for vacation, with friends or family or a day out for some fabulous food and sea air. We had a beautiful suite which 3 ladies shared, the rooms extended to a really nice lounge with balcony overlooking the pool and the sea at a distance. Looking down from the terrace the next morning, saw a outdoor yoga class going on and wish we had known about it the night before so we could have made it to the class. Fabulous dinner spread and a even better breakfast spread the next morning with fresh tropical cut fruit, fresh juices including a Sri Lankan speciality 'King Coconut water', Green Porridge, 'Kola Kanda'(made with fresh herbs blended together with coconute milk and rice, the usual bacon and eggs and freshly baked bread, the selection was so vast to list here. Service staff very polite and attentive, our room was beyond beautiful - we couldnt try out the bathtub adjacent to the bed (would have been heavenly). The only downside was we could not use swim in the waters right behind the hotel due to the rocky seabed and apparently you need to walk a bit beyond to a smoother sea area, but due to recent rains in the area we couldnt go beyond a certain point. Beautiful indian silk saree patchwork bedspreads being sold by single ladies on the beach or on he sidewalk shops which is a must buy! If you walk out of the hotel down the street you get small restaurants that serve beer and fresh food,,we were lucky to have found a great place where we had lunch and they served fresh papaya juice and devilled prawns with fried rice.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa Hotel
- Coral Gardens Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100 Km away from the bustling city of Colombo and located on the Southern shoreline of Sri Lanka is the district which offers a 24-hour party on the beach. Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa, rated a four star is built along the golden sands, calls out to all those who enjoy island-life and beach-life with a promise to pamper its guests with the Southern Sri Lankan hospitality. In each room there is a spacious private balcony looking out to a view of the Golden Belt of the South Coast. 2 family suites4 corner suites 4 deluxe rooms 140 Superior RoomsAir conditioned and equipped with a DVD player, 32” LCD TV, WiFi, mini bar, safety deposit box, telephone with IDD, complimentary tea and coffee making facility, hair dryer and complimentary toiletriesHotel Facilities and ServicesA selection of dining venues, the main restaurant, speciality crab restaurant, pool restaurant and coffee shop. A Lounge and pool bar that offers a wide array of local and international spirits; a roof-top spa facility, banquet hall and conference facility (80 pax). Moreover the hotel houses a fresh water swimming pool, PADI certified dive centre and an excursion counter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.