Excellent rooms, warm people, great view from the rooms, well stocked mini bar, good clean and spacious bathrooms with complimnetary toileteries and hot water available throughout the day and night...
stayed at the hotel from Dec 1, 2012 to Dec 4, 2012 as a couple for our honeymoon. Hotel situated right at the beach..were tired after the drive from colombo international airport. the reception people were very warm..we were asked to take a seat and they found out the prior booking made. Checkin was hassle free..room had a balcony with the view of the ocean and the swimming pool..there was a party playing loud music but was shut at 11:30 pm. food was ok...very limited options for pure vegeterians though..
we changed our room the next day and were given the corner room suite..again great room..check out was hassle free..overall whenever we are back in SriLanka would definitely be in this hotel..special mention for Ms. Dinushka who took all the possible steps to make us gfeel comfortable..three cheers for the team Chaaya Tranz..
Right now writing this review from St. Andrews Jeting, Nuwara Eliya..just checked in...would review once i leave this place..by the 1st looks not as good at Chaaya Tranz...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100 Km away from the bustling city of Colombo and located on the Southern shoreline of Sri Lanka is the district which offers a 24-hour party on the beach. Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa, rated a four star is built along the golden sands, calls out to all those who enjoy island-life and beach-life with a promise to pamper its guests with the Southern Sri Lankan hospitality. In each room there is a spacious private balcony looking out to a view of the Golden Belt of the South Coast. 2 family suites4 corner suites 4 deluxe rooms 140 Superior RoomsAir conditioned and equipped with a DVD player, 32” LCD TV, WiFi, mini bar, safety deposit box, telephone with IDD, complimentary tea and coffee making facility, hair dryer and complimentary toiletriesHotel Facilities and ServicesA selection of dining venues, the main restaurant, speciality crab restaurant, pool restaurant and coffee shop. A Lounge and pool bar that offers a wide array of local and international spirits; a roof-top spa facility, banquet hall and conference facility (80 pax). Moreover the hotel houses a fresh water swimming pool, PADI certified dive centre and an excursion counter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hotel Hikkaduwa