Not a bad hotel. Stayed there for 3 nights with full board.
Staff was friendly, but our family is not really demanding so cannot comment on their helpfulness.
There is an agent that you can book whale/dolphin watching with. We really loved it even though was a bit pricey ($100 pp for 3 hr boat ride).
Food was really good. Good variety and good quality. Indoor and outdoor areas.
The thing we didn't like was that during the day it seemed like hotel let in school excursions in for kids to swim in the pool (not actual hotel guests) as there would be around 30 kids with only one or two adults.
Good decent speed FREE (I know it's not a big deal and it's most likely already in the rate but still it's nice that people are not trying to charge you even more) internet in the room.
Probably only real complaint about the hotel is it's location. It pretty much didn't have a beach (very rocky). So it wasn't very compelling to swim in the ocean there.
Otherwise was really lovely! Will probably stay there again if I come to that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100 Km away from the bustling city of Colombo and located on the Southern shoreline of Sri Lanka is the district which offers a 24-hour party on the beach. Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa, rated a four star is built along the golden sands, calls out to all those who enjoy island-life and beach-life with a promise to pamper its guests with the Southern Sri Lankan hospitality. In each room there is a spacious private balcony looking out to a view of the Golden Belt of the South Coast. 2 family suites4 corner suites 4 deluxe rooms 140 Superior RoomsAir conditioned and equipped with a DVD player, 32” LCD TV, WiFi, mini bar, safety deposit box, telephone with IDD, complimentary tea and coffee making facility, hair dryer and complimentary toiletriesHotel Facilities and ServicesA selection of dining venues, the main restaurant, speciality crab restaurant, pool restaurant and coffee shop. A Lounge and pool bar that offers a wide array of local and international spirits; a roof-top spa facility, banquet hall and conference facility (80 pax). Moreover the hotel houses a fresh water swimming pool, PADI certified dive centre and an excursion counter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hotel Hikkaduwa