3 bedroom villa with swimming pool in Hikkaduwa

Sandy, United Kingdom
“Good but not Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Lovely place and very friendly staff. Unfortunately there are some areas for improvement. Beds not made up without prompting, pool needs refurb as paint coming off walls and staining clothes, cleaning of rooms not regular. Also get bills for food as you go as Roshan tends to over charge you considerably. Check meters on arrival & departure as I think you may be overcharged here as well. Get your own drivers or at least check price as rates are considerably more again than others offering same service.
Owner seems a terrific person and genuinely concerned when thinks are not right, but has to rely on local staff

5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 2 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
3 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 3 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location & views from pool
Liked least: Poor service and rip off costs
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Apr 23, 2014
Thank you Mark for your feedback. You are right when you say I am genuinely concerned when things are not right. This is why I have apologised, accepted responsibility for your complaints and done my best to rectify and reimburse you appropriately. I am disappointed that you felt you had to post a review such as this as I thought we had settled matters to your satisfaction.

• Re "Beds not made up": I have raised this with the staff and they have committed to making beds up in a more timely manner in future. As you are aware we don't have dedicated housemaids so they must prioritise all their daily tasks and the routine can vary depending on what each day presents.
• Re "Cleaning of rooms not regular": There is a room cleaning schedule which includes daily making of beds, emptying bins, sweeping floor. I have reminded my staff of the importance of adhering to this.
• Re Pool issues: I did alert you that Sri Lanka was having a severe drought which meant that our water supply/well ran dry and mud and silt got into the pool. I am advised this impacted the polished titanium concrete walls of the pool (there is no paint). The pool company has since re-balanced the pool and all is ok. The pool is only 3 years old. I realise the pool is an important feature of my property so I did offer you a full refund and suggested you find alternative accommodation.
• Re "Overcharging": As you felt you were overcharged for meals and transport, I refunded you $200 accordingly. I do urge guests to ask for the bills daily and check they are in line with agreed charges. I believe that Roshan is trustworthy and I have asked him to ensure he calculates the bills accurately and to explain any charges that are extraordinary.

Though I live in Melbourne, I am just a phone call/email away and urge guests to contact me if there are any issues.

Wishing you all the best for the future.
Yours sincerely,
Tam
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
4 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you Julie for your kind words and such a lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you and Jonathan in the future.

Best wishes,

judithcha...
UK, Warrington
“Pure tranquility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed at the villa for 14 nights in August and can say from booking the villa we could not wait. Tam the owner was very helpful and kept in touch with us.

Firstly the villa - in beautiful surroundings and we felt very much home from home. The villa had everything you could possible want and the space and bedrooms were of a good size. Sometimes we felt like we were rattling around as there were only 2 of us and the villa is really for 6 people.

Thushara and Roshan really look after us. Roshan offered advice of where to go to eat what beaches were best to visit etc. Roshan cooked for us in the evening and made us whatever we wanted. The quality of the food was by far the best we eat in Hikka, Roshan's Sri Lankan curries were fantastic. One night Roshan did a BBQ for us by the pool and visited the fish market to get plenty of fresh fish and seafood for us.

You pay for breakfast which is about £2.50pp and a Sri Lankan evening meal was £4pp, if you wanted anything else then you just paid for the cost of the food from then shops.

Thushara stays at the villa in a room behind the kitchen and is on hand to do anything for you, whenever you need it. Each morning he would set a table up for us in the garden overlooking the pool and then make us breakfast, again anything that we wanted. Thushara comes over as very quiet but he is a really friendly and helpful person who always had a big smile. Thushara also drove us around in the villa's tuk tuk and he was a very safe driver. When we wanted Thushara to pick us up we would just text Roshan and he would then get Thushara to come and pick us up.

The grounds of the villa are fantastic and the number of birds that visit the gardens is unbelievable. We loved nothing more then just walking around the gardens walking down to the pool area and then sitting in the pavilion looking out over the paddy field.

I can not recommend this villa enough, the actual villa is fantastic but add in the surroundings, the pool, the food and the service from Thushara and Roshan and it is a 5 star +++

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The villa and grounds
Liked least: The wild dogs who bark a lot at night
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
4 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
T_train08
bermagui, Australia
“Amazing and Incredible place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

This villa is an awesome place to bring friends, family or partners. It has everything. The pool has a stylish negative edge and is part of an outdoor entertaining area with undercover bbq and table setting. Inside the villa is very spacious with 3 private bedrooms all with private en suites plus entertaining area and dining area. It truly is a wonderful place to stay whilst spending time in Hikka. Roshan is the awesome guy and 'sous chef' that looks after the villa and cooks unbelievably good food and contributes substantially to the great experience we had whilst there.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND. 5 Stars! A++++

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Our expectations were completely blown away in every regard.
Liked least: Could be slightly closer to the beach but still great.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 18-24
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mar 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. Are you one of the Hunt family?
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$150
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Make Inquiry
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 23 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing