“Diving with Poseidon in Hikkaduwa” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 16 Activities in Hikkaduwa
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 star IDC center, diving in Hikkaduwa and Trincomalee since 1973
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Diving with Poseidon in Hikkaduwa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

I did my open water certification with Poseidon diving school a couple of weeks ago and have to say it was a brilliant experience. My instructor (Praveen) was very helpful and took me through the course in a very professional and enjoyable manner. All the staff were helpful and welcoming.

Would recommend!

• Polish first
“Nice stay and fun dives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

Got my divers certificate and stayed at Poseidon for 10 days. The crew and instructors are nice, in my opinion the dives and all equipment was good. I will come back again if I have the opportunity.

The Poseidon hotel has budget rooms as well as really nice rooms, the restaurant serves good food.

Definitely recommend experience.

3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful memories, amazing time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014

Did my 10 dives with Poseidon recently, the resort is nicely organised and the restaurant provides good quality reasonable foods and drinks. One of the thing that really impressed me is the constant reminder by the dive master to do our dive check every morning before our dive. They give clear instruction before each dives and also during the dive. DMs are very professional and patience especially to divers who are less confident. The centre also handle our equipment with care, ensuring all equipment are properly washed and dry. They have nice dive boat with proper secure for tanks on board so that your equipment will not be tossed around during the ride out in the choppy sea.

Although marine life is lesser over here compares but you do spot interesting fishes or marine life if you are more observance. There are many nice, big moray eels, lobster, octopus, turtles and school of fishes.

One of my best memory is to able to experience turtle laying eggs on the shore of our dive resort. It's one of the most unforgettable experience i have in life. I would say Poseidon is one of the best organised dive centre in Hikkaduwa and if you are lucky like me, you might be able to see turtle laying eggs too.

Visited November 2014
“Bad diving, faulty equipment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2014 via mobile

If you are a diving enthusiast, stay clear of hikkaduwa. There is negligible marine life, the corals are dead and most of the dive sites are just rocks. As for Poseidon, the dive shop provides no refreshments on board during the surface interval(Poseidon is the most expensive dive school in hikkaduwa). The inflate button jammed, causing the bcd to inflate uncontrollably which made me ascend 20 meters in less than 25 seconds, exposing me to the possibility of decompression illness (DCI) and/or arterial gas embolism(AGE) or my head being hit by a fishermans boat. The dive school refuses to admit fault, but their divemaster can attest to the fact that the button was jammed. That's why on surfacing he unplugged the LPI hose. Bad diving, bad school.

Narbonne, France
4 attraction reviews
“AOWD in Hikkaduwa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2014

Diving with Poseidon is the right choice to take. The stuff is really friendly and dedicated and most importantly, the dive masters are very professional and qualified. Diving and learning with Devsiri was really cool. We had a lot of fun the days in Hikkaduwa and we met really nice people. Cheers to all guys!