Kandalama really does stand out head and shoulders above the rest .. and not just by Sri Lankan standards. This is just an idillic hotel.
It is built into the side of a huge rock in mile after mile of open jungle. It is truely peaceful, relaxing and awe inspiring. We stayed here for 5 nights at the start of a 3 week tour and it turned out to be the best hotel we stayed in. We took it on a reccomendation and i'm looking forward to going back to SL just and spend the whole time at Kandalama!
You can jungle trek, bird watch, swim and all sorts of other adventures .. or relax!
The service here is is amazingly attentive but not in your face. I found the service in a couple of other hotels a little much, topping up my drinks the second the empty glass hit the table .. but you were always aware of being watched. We found it a bit much to be waited on so attentively!! I know it is the SL way and they pride themselves on the service (and they are fab at it). But Kandalama managed to distinguish themselves in service without you ever knowing anyone was even nearby. It was always very relaxed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritance Kandalama is shaped like the outspread wings of a bird, following the line of the cliff from which it seems to emerge. The hotel is a staggering 1km from end to end, and rises up seven floors, yet appears to be a perfectly natural extension of the mountainside. The flat roof and timber pillars support a screen of vegetation that attracts local wildlife. The abundance of real-life animals around the hotel is complemented by wonderful large-scale sculptures within it. A metal owl is suspended outside the main restaurant; wooden elephants inhabit the lounge; a stone cobra uncoils along the terrace overlooking the infinity pool. However, while focusing on highlighting its enchanting natural surroundings, our luxury resort in Sri Lanka gives priority to providing its guests with the finest comforts and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Heritance Kandalama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kandalama Hotel Sri Lanka
- Hotel Heritance Kandalama
- Heritance Kandalama Dambulla
- Kandalama Hotel Dambulla