“A home from home” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   No 195, Aurel Vlaicu Street, Suceava 720019, Romania   |
Queenstown, New Zealand
“A home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I ended up here because the hostel I wanted to stay at was full but I am now so glad that the other hostel was full. This hostel is more like a home. Quiet, clean, comfortable and very relaxing. The owner is very kind and helpful. She doesn't speak much english but does everything she can for you. She will even call people to translate and make sure that you are ok! I really recommend breakfast as they have a cow and chickens so you can't get much fresher! Its a bit out of the city but there is a frequent bus and they are also very helpful on taking you to where you need to get to. I enjoyed my stay here so much that I stayed for an extra night. It really felt like a home. I would recommend this hostel everyone who enjoys a relaxing quiet stay. I would definitely stay here again if I ever go back to the city.

Room Tip: I stayed in a dorm room and had it to myself for three nights!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I staid in Lary Youth Hostel because after I started with Irene's...I wanted to try this one too.

Even from the start this "Hostel" looked more of a pension, of a home..and this made me feel good.

The staff, de facto owners were very kind giving me a lot of attention and trying to make me feel wanted there.
The place was very clean and very good-looking.

The room I stayed in was very spacious, I had a wardrobe and a doublebed just for me so I had a very comfortable sleep.

They gave me breakfast and tea along with many tips on Suceava and the Bucovina region.
The second day they helped me get to the city in order to continue my travel plans.

If I ever go to Bucovina again, then I will make a stop at Lary Hostel.

The fact that they have high-speed wasn't really of interest for me because I wanted to get disconnected from anything else but Bucovina :D

P.S. The only disadvantage of the place is the location which is actually a bit further away from the train station than it looks on the map but I think is worth the extra effort.

Room Tip: I stayed upstairs in the doubleroom and I liked it
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Just outside of town and in a quiet setting. The owner was so helpful . . . Offering trip advice, tea, snacks, and asking what else would help. Great for kids - many animals are present. We felt right at home.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Geel, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Nice and clean Hostel.
Looks more a pension than a hostel.
People are very friendly and helpfull.
Very good food and beds.
Large, silence and clean rooms.
Feels like home ;)

Jens, Belgium (Kriskras)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Lary Hostel? Share your experiences!