“Better than home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Calera
Mobile, United States
“Better than home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I'm so spoiled by the staff here that my husband says he'll have to step it up or I won't want to come home -- and he's almost right. It's a pleasure to stay here. The whole place is truly clean, the staff is both helpful and pleasant, and has shown thoughtfulness far beyond what one could reasonably expect.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brandon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This Hampton Inn was easy to get to, was very clean, had a great breakfast and the employees were friendly and helpful. I had booked two rooms and was delighted to find out they had given us adjoining rooms even though I hadn't asked for that. My grandchildren loved it! I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Visiting family who live nearby. As a woman traveling alone, I felt quite secure at this property. The only issue I had was the bed pillows; all overstuffed and uncomfortable. Overall cleanliness was excellent. Any staff I encountered always greeted me. The breakfast was more than I expected; especially enjoyed the fresh fruit and the selection of teas.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Fayetteville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel is downwind from a major landfill. If you tend to have sensitivities to such things, this is not a good location for you. The smell permeated everything, inside and especially outside. I have asthma and this was not a comfortable visit for me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

CALALGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Calera, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I was disappointed that you weren’t completely satisfied and that we did not exceed your expectations. I am so sorry there was an unpleasant odor during your stay. Fortunately for us, we are nowhere near a landfill. What you smelled was the fresh mulch that had just been spread around our exterior landscaping. I agree that it does have a strong odor until it dries out, but it was done to keep the exterior look of our hotel at the high standard that our guests have come to expect.

Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.
Douglasville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Regarding location -- the hotel is nearby restaurants and convenient from the interstate. We enjoyed our stay and the breakfast was great! The next time I am in the area and need a hotel in the area - this location will be at the top of my list.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Stillwater, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Room was exceptional, staff were friendly, breakfast was excellent. Enjoyed the recommendation for dinner. The staff was very knowledgeable about good restaurants in the area. No concerns only praise.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Bellmawr, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The beds and bedding were super comfortable and plush. Would have liked more TV channels at this particular Hampton. Room & hotel very clean. Staff great & very accommodating. Like that breakfast is included - good selection.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Calera? Share your experiences!