“Not as good as the 1st time” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 10%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Calera
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Not as good as the 1st time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is our 2nd visit to this hotel, once in 2010 and now. We were very impressed the first time, everything was new and clean. We havent stayed here for a couple years and the hotel shows its wear. Room 422 is in need of wall paint, big scrapes around the entry door, near the desk chair and night stand. Not just minor spots, huge sections need to be painted. Additionally the hallway and room carpet needs to be steam cleaned. Especially behind doors, around furniture, etc where dirt builds up. The bedding however is clean and comfortable, the bathroom was clean as well. No mold or hair in the shower or sink area where you often find it. A little sprucing up is in need and it will earn my 5 star rating once again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Spent a long weekend to attend a wedding of a special family friend. The guest services for myself and the wedding party was wonderful. Very good experience. My room was spacious, efficiently arranged and super clean. Slept well because of the lack of noise! Breakfast was super crowded because of the large number of guests at hotel, but food was well prepared, well stocked and kept available. Attendants kept an eye of tables to make sure they were cleaned as well as keeping breakfast area clean. Great experience overall and will remember this location when traveling to Birmingham area in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ft Walton Beach Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Visiting family in area. Hampton Inn always our choice when traveling. Calera Hampton Inn was just as expected, clean, friendly staff, and comfortable beds. Breakfast hot and ready for you in the morning. The room was very clean. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ATL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I was in the area for a local convention when I stayed at the location. The hotel and staff were extremely nice. The cookies and fruits provided were very fresh. I have been in some where they were not as fresh.

My only complaint about the facility was the air conditioner being extremely noisy. The carpet was soaked near the unit but it was not frozen inside that I know of. When I turned on the heat, it was still loud. I was able to warm the room enough to ultimately turn it off so I could sleep.

There are a few restaurants in the area. I didn't notice any prime meal locations like steakhouses, but I did notice a Cracker Barrel close by.

• Stayed February 2013
Albertville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Hampton Inn in Calera is a nice place to stay. The room was clean, but a bit dark. Our bathroom only had a shower but it was large. The continental breakfast was very good, but there was ham mixed in with the eggs which might be a problem for some. The were fresh waffels and a good selection of other items. I would stay there again if the need arises.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I know the Hampton Inn is a national chain and is as cookie cutter as it gets. This is small town Alabama though, I don't know if there is much else to choose from. I can tell you that if I ever have the need to be in Calera, Al again I will be at the Hampton Inn. The staff was fantastic the breakfast was very good and full of choices. The whole property was clean and close to many restaurants and shops. My room was as clean and comfortable as I could ever want a room to be. I really thought that it was a bit over priced but they did not miss a beat in making me feel welcome and very relaxed. I also ate a fantastic shrimp and grits meal at a catfish place across the main road from the Hotel I don't recall the name but recommend it as well. I may take my wife back to Calera just to have dinner there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Opelika, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here! Staff is very friendly and nice! Convenient to a variety of restaurants.
If I ever need to stay over night again in this area, I will stay here! Cookies and coffee/tea were a nice treat also,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Calera? Share your experiences!