“Great first experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Great first experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Close to Hampton Inn, walking distance. Good food. Excellent, friendly service by Stacy (waitress). Wonderful iced tea!

Visited October 2012

Huntsville, Alabama
“Another really good GR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Where was this place when my daughter went to U of M?
Answer: wasn't here. Or I would have driven her back to school EVERY week.

Some Golden Rules are marginal. This one was exceptionally good. Brisket was tender and juicy, not left over from the day before. Everyone at the table commented that their lunch was outstanding and well worth the stop on our road trip.

Good JOB!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Slow service, bland flavor pork, good onion rings.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Unfortunately, we were seated right in front of the kitchen and were witness to a great deal of confusion. The staff were snapping at eachother because they couldn't keep up and plates of food sat under the warmer for a really long time before being delivered. We started with a half order of onion rings which were pretty good, but when our plates finally came out from the warmer, gthe bread was sort of dry and stale tasting, and my fries were barely warm. But, the bbq is what we were there for so we ordered the chopped pork and the ribs. It tasted more like oven roasted than smoked. The bbq sauce on the table was labelled as their original, but I didn't see any other so I tried it. Not bad, actually and it kind of grew on me as I was trying to get as much flavor on the meat as possible. Sorry Golden Rule...but I won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Calera, Alabama, United States
“Dry and chewy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

the fam went to the golden rulez and i did not like it. been to bbq where everything was good but not here. food wuz dry and chewy. sweet tea was good and the frys are awsume. might see if mom will take me back to try something else.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Massillon, Ohio
“Good food, good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stopped in for lunch and I had pulled pork, my wife had the chicken both were very good. The kids had a chicken sandwich and country fried steak both were eaten very quickly. Prices were good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere