“homey, clean, nicest people, relaxed place, THE best” 5 of 5 stars

Misty Lodge and Cafe
Mabbay Sagada, Sagada, Luzon 2616, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Sagada
Manila
“homey, clean, nicest people, relaxed place, THE best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very homey, like you're just living with your uncles/aunties/cousins. The proprietors, Awing, Sigrid, Chef Miko and Bocan are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Like family, they ask you about your day, and what you plan to do next. They give you a warm welcome, like they're family you haven't seen for a long time. They live/stay there with their families so they really take care of the house - house is kept clean and tidy, and bathrooms don't run out of toilet paper. Very accommodating - someone will always be there at the kitchen if you need something (or if you need a water refill before you head out for a trek).
10-15 min walk from town. Sits in the middle of pine trees. Good views from all 3 sides of the house, except for one where there's a house meters away. Still better than being in the town where the inns are almost inches away from each other. Free jeepney transportation from town to lodge and lodge to town upon check-in / check-out. If the proprietors or anyone in the family are going your way, they'll offer you a ride.
The food by Chef Miko is super! I'd be glad to just eat here the whole stay, but hey it was my first time in Sagada, I should try other places.
The house has 2 floors with an attic, with 11 (?) bedrooms and 3 common bathrooms (1 on the 2nd floor, 2 on the first floor (1 inside, 1 outside). We stayed in one of the 3 rooms in the attic. With hot shower. Water was a bit weak but stable... and allowed me to relish the hot water longer.
The walls between rooms are a bit thin so you can hear undecipherable murmurs or clear conversations from neighbors depending on their level of consideration... and your luck. Definitely more quiet than in town with more people staying there (and dogs). With a fireplace at the dining area, and a bonfire pit out the main entrance.
I love Misty Lodge and I will definitely go back. I don't think I will ever consider looking at other accommodations in Sagada.

Room Tip: If you like to be close to the bathroom, choose a room on the 2nd or 1st floor. If you're a bit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Period of stay : Dec 13-15, 2012

Host: Very helpful, courteous, friendly, accommodating and flexible.

Location: A little outside the town center, It is definitely okay for a well rested vacation. You get a more quiet and peaceful stay. Very in tune with nature.

Price: Value for money.. experience of a local homestay in Sagada with price for staying in a hostel.

Comment:
We definitely loved our stay at Misty Lodge.
They opened their home to us for a great stay in Sagada. Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by the host and a very cute smile from the mini host :) And were sent off like a family member.

The house is newly built, designed to accommodate family members and relatives. Very homey atmosphere. Awesome view. Peaceful and tranquil. The pinewood material used on the whole house creates a warm feeling.

The owners' effort and love for their home is very evident on their personal touches on the decorations. We arrived before Christmas, you can really feel the Christmas atmosphere, with the chilly weather, the decors, the lights, the Christmas carols plus a fire place!!! perfect.

The ambiance feels like you are outside Philippines but you experience warm Filipino hospitality.

Must Try : Strawberry yoghurt shake.. Yumm.
burgers and breakfast
Pizza ( I heard they're famous for this)
Massage service after the trek/ hike

Plus: Strong and Free WIFI connection

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Quezon City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

"Excellent" is an understatement to describe an experience of a lifetime especially if the place to be is in SAGADA. While I may be a local there, it felt like a home in another dimension having stayed at the Misty Lodge and Cafe because I almost wanted to live there and never leave (he he).

If you want to chew up the scenery and shed a few tears while indulging yourself of the place then better be at the attic. It's the best part even for taking in your food while working on your laptop. And what's even better, wifi's at full blast in that corner of the house. It's an instant location to get everything done in just a moment.

Absolutely recommended without question. 'Gotta try it' is the best proof to give. I'd like to thank Ms. Sigrid and Ms. Bogan and Manong Awing for the hospitality and kindness. Of course little Maxie included (he's the cutest). Everything has been worth it! Thank you

Room Tip: The Attic has the best corner for solitary confinement (hehe)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

10 Things I love about Misty Lodge:
1. The lodge has an impressive interior. Definitely homey and the pine woods they used are so gorgeous.
2. We didn't get to taste food from their menu because the Chef wasn't around, but we did get Ate Sigrid's (the owner) cooking. All of our meals were served by Ate Sigrid and it's all wickedly delish! :) Super sulit pa!
3. Its location is one of the best in my list. It's not too far from the town and not too near either. A five-minute walk for the locals, so it's a 10-min for us tourists. ;)
4. You will be surrounded by trees and fogs, and gorgeous flowers in their garden. It's so beautiful it gives you serenity and peace.
5. Kuya Awing (Ate Sigrid's husband) can be your driver to drop you anywhere in Sagada if you want to preserve your energy or too spent to walk. He's always a text away whenever we needed a ride. Super thanks, Kuya Awing!
6. If you're a traveller with no definite itinerary in Sagada, Ate Sigrid and Kuya Awing can provide you with options and their own two-cents on how to arrange your schedule to best fit what you want to do.
7. In relation to #5, Kuya Awing introduced us to the best tour guide I've had. We went Cave Connection and our tour guide is so hilariously wicked that our caving experience is magnified thrice! We were all laughing our assess off in his remarks and quips that took the edge off of some terrifying parts of the caving experience.
8. Free Wi-Fi. Need to say more? :)
9. Uber cheap rates. Since I arrived during lean season, I was charged at P250/night. It's a single room with a single bed with wide windows, overlooking the woods surrounding the lodge. Bathroom is shared but it's no big deal for me since it's so spacious and just a few steps from my room.
10. For those who don't want to go out and do the activities in Sagada, but just like to stay inside and enjoy the weather (19 C degrees at high noon!), they have an extensive collection of books in the living room and the attic.
Overall, I'm really glad I booked my Sagada stay here. Every minute is totally worth it! Big thanks to Ate Sigrid and Kuya Awing! They made my Sagada stay a lot more remarkable and fun! :D Check their Facebook page for more pictures!

• Stayed October 2012
Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Sagada was my second stop for our 8 day cordillera adventure, i research many times if i have to go to sagada o not, but sthe write ups in the net and even in the travel magazine are nviting, i dcide to stay in misty since idont want a hustle and noisy stay while on vacation but misty did not failed me the interior of the house was so nice, its far a little from the center but its very worthy stay for sure if you choose this place. They have variety of food but during our stAy the incharge was in manila but still it doesn't discourage me. The place is clean, the bathroom are huge, the room are clean and new since the house of miss sigrid is new. The surroundings are full of pine trees which gives you a cool and fresh air. Sagada is a must visit place its really a dream come true for me that one day i will be visiting a wonderful place which is unknown to me, but now it has a name its called SAGADA. And be sure if planning to visit sagada try to check misty lodge its a wonderful experience to be in this place, ms sigrid n his husband kuya aweng are so kind to assist our needs they treat you as family.
Highly reccomended to all who wants to explore the hidden beauty of sagada.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but we stay at maxie's room at second floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Definitely four thumbs up (yes including my toe thumbs!).

8 Things I love about Misty Lodge:

1. A five (for the locals) to 15 (for the sightseeing tourist) walk from the town proper. The first pink 3 story house you'll see upon entering Sagada away from the road but you'll easily see it because its like sitting on a little hill surrounded by a lot of flowers and pine trees.

2. The interior of the house is mosty made from pine wood. Ate Sigrid told me the story of how they built the house. It was indeed a labor of love, hard work and patience!

3. There are 2 big and sparkling clean common bath/toilet rooms (with heaters of course!). The third one is still under comstruction.

4. I've heard that they make the best burgers and pizzas in town! Too bad the main chef /cooj was not there during our stay but Ate Sigrid's cooking is superb! I also loved Kuya Awing's pork sinigang!

5. You can watch TV, sit around the fireplace, play Word factory and other board games, read their collection of books in the living room or in the attic and sit outside the lodge and enjoy the view while waiting for your bfast lunch or dinner

6. Kuya Awing can drive you to the town if you're too tired of walking around Sagada and will even drive you up to Kiltepan for that amazing view of the rice terraces, sea of clouds and of course the sunrise!

7. The attic can accomodate a big family or a group of 10-20 i think.

8.I felt like I am not a guest at all during my stay. It felt more like visiting a family member's place! Ate Sigrid and Kuya Awing are the most hospitable people I've met. I'm glad I chose Misty Lodge!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Misty Lodge and Cafe? Share your experiences!