“Nasca Lines” 4 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$600*
and up
Nazca Lines Air Tour and Ballestas Islands...
Ranked #2 of 20 Attractions in Nazca
Type: Cultural
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Nasca Lines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Climb up a tower for which there is a small charge. Take hand santiser as your hands will be covered in red dust when you come back down. Worth the climb, very interesting.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Fascinating but take motion sickness pills!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Loved the experience! We used Aeroparacas company, nice plane and excellent pilot (smooth ride). The flight is about 30 min, and they make sure to hover on each side for each of the sites. The lines and scale are fascinating!!

Most of the people on the plane got motion sickness. No vomiting, but not a pleasant feeling. So, one thing I would do differently - take the motion sickness pills before flight! Eat light breakfast too!

Joao Pessoa, PB
48 attraction reviews
“A must see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

When we decided to go to Peru to visit Machu Picchu, I HAD to visit Nazca and see the famous Nazca lines
myself and my friends made a longer trip to peru, and included several other places we didn't plan to visit so we could fit Nazca in our schedule. It was tottaly worth it!

One of the highlights of our trip, amazing, historical and misterious
I recomend to book your flight with some tour agency when you arrive in Nazca, it will be a little more expensive than booking it directly at the airport, but to book at the airport you will probably have to wait a long time, and if you book with an agency you will be able to better enjoy your time in Nazca

Visited August 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Amazing Scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Nazca Lines were amazing, but you really have to be prepared to pay more to take the plane, as it is really the best way to see them. The towers only offer limited views, of some of the lines. The plane experience is amazing, but the turbulence can make many people feel sick during and after the flight.
I would recommend going early in the morning (8-9am) as this is the best time to see the lines due to the position of the sun.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
39 attraction reviews
“Cool but not sure it's worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We only stopped through Nasca for the day before heading to Arequipa so we decided to go ahead and do the flight over the Nasca Lines. We thought we got a pretty good deal of $120 for a four person plane, in which everyone would be able to have a window seat. I think that there are cheaper options but you aren't guaranteed a window seat, which somewhat defeats the point of doing the tour anyway. The ride we did was 45 minutes and we saw all the lines plus a few that weren't on the map. They were actually much much smaller than I originally expected. All the pictures just look so big so I assumed they would be more visible. It's a quick chance to take photos of each them. Without a good camera, you'll probably need to put them on your computer and enlarge them quite a bit.

I personally got a little bit of motion sickness, so if this happens to you then I suggest taking some medicine ahead of time.

Overall, pretty good experience, but not my favorite thing in Peru by a long shot!