La Cabana was one of the noisiest places I've ever stayed, but it made me (us) laugh, because it is all just part of the vitality and the dynamic of the town. We were so tired from climbing steps at the ruins anyway, it didn't much matter a whole lot.
We were able to explore the whole place because they leave vacant rooms open- and I say that it would be a perfect place for groups or family reunions. The second story is organized in "suites of rooms" towards the back. Walking through some interesting sitting rooms, you can see the tanks of oxygen the hotel keeps for unfortunate flatlanders, should they need it.
We had a triple with a street facing terrace. The room was very comfortable and the bath was more than adequate with SUPER water pressure as one other reviewer has said. Bring your own washcloths- their towels are fine though.
Our bathroom was located on a shared ventilation shaft which means that odors can travel into the room. Just shut the door.
If you get to Aguas Calientes exhausted (or sick) like I did, you will want to know that the hotel is located on the street that takes you up to the hot springs. It's past Chez Maggy's and is on your left. It looks like a restaurant at first because there are tables out in front, but you can see the check in desk through the door.
Staff was absolutely wonderful! Thanks so much to Henry who scrambled eggs for us every morning and chatted with us and our daughter.
This hotel is one of the most convenient to the springs and is really not that far from the buses or the train station. We walked to the Machu Picchu museum over the footbridge from our place and it wasn't all that hard. It was neat to walk along the Urubamba.
- Also Known As:
- La Cabana Machupicchu Hotel Aguas Calientes
- La Cabana Machupicchu Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a hotel worried about provide excellent hotel service for our guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hotel La Cabana Machupicchu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.