“Excellent customer service by Viviana at La Cabana” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel La Cabana Machu Picchu
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Pachacutec 805, Aguas Calientes, Peru   |
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Aguas Calientes
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Excellent customer service by Viviana at La Cabana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were picked up on time at the train station with a porter who asked to carry our bags. We were pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to a very large room with a balcony at no additional cost. We had a street view which was interesting to us. The location is a walk up a steep hill, but that didn't trouble us.

Viviana, at the front desk, provided excellent customer service. Frankly, she was exceptional. While we lounged in the comfortable lobby, we watched as a rude American young man gave her a hard time about something she had no control over. (Please, fellow Americans, be nice-you're giving us a bad name.) Viviana was patient and remained calm. She spoke English well too.

The hotel arranged a guide for us for Machu Picchu. The food provided was nice too. The customer service made this hotel stay a great one.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Indonesian first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here last week in May and really enjoyed it. Staff was very attentive and amenities were great. The beds were the most comfortable on the entire trip. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The rooms are quite noisy, you hear everything from the shower in the next room to the garbage man ringing the bell outside in the morning. The breakfast was good. After spending the day on the Inka Trail, we were exhausted and not happy that there was another long trek up a hill to get to the hotel. The hotel in general looked nice but the standard room was very small and we had no window to outside. I understand that most of the places in Aguas Calientes are going to be expensive, but our hotel in Cusco was way better and we paid less and that room was a superior room. Overall, I don't think that was my worst experience but it wasn't the best.

Beaumont, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

La Cabana is way overpriced for the experience my husband and I had. They promised to pick us up at the train station, but they never showed. When we told them this at the front desk, they said they just hadn't seen us. Our room was disappointing. We got the "matrimonial" and I found it to be quite small. We weren't able to rest upon arrival because they were drilling something upstairs for about an hour. I also didn't find the showers to be hot enough.The walls are very thin and you can hear everything from conversations, the phone ringing at the main desk, bathroom usage, and shower usage.

I don't consider myself a picky consumer, but when I pay a little more, I do expect quality service. La Cabana did not offer quality service. There are MANY places to stay in aguas calientes, I would never stay here again and I would advice you to find another place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

i know this won't be everyone's experience, but my husband and i were upgraded to a superior room when we arrived late at night, and the room was really amazing for the standard price. it was huge, had two comfy leather seats with a table, safe, and fresh flowers. prior to us arriving at the hotel, we were met at the train station from ollantaytambo by staff, who helped with our luggage. when he found out we didn't have bus tickets yet, he ran out and got them for us right before they were about to close, which was awesome since we wanted to leave as early as possible. they also helped us book a private tour guide ($60 USD for 2.5-3 hrs) who met us at our hotel at 6 am and accompanied us on the bus to Machu Picchu.

When we returned around noon, we had a few hours prior to boarding the train back to Cusco. I asked if I could take a shower (checkout was at 9 am) and they obliged, which I was totally grateful for. Showers were hot, with good pressure. Standard rooms are a bit cozy. Wi-fi is great throughout the hotel. Breakfast starts at 5 am for early risers to MP, and was great!

I was really thrilled with the service here, and would definitely recommend. If you have a little extra $ and are going to be arriving early to AC, I would splurge and get the superior room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Seabrook, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

The walls are paper-thin. So thin that you can hear the neighbour from down the hall´s toilet flush never mind the bodily functions of my roommate as clear as a bell. The toilet is so close to the wall he couldn´t sit straight. Construction started right outside our window at 7:30am. You have to check out at 9am. On the plus side the beds were comfortable and well-blanketed, there is free w-fi, and a decent breakfast. I have no experience with other hotels in this town - this may be the norm.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in August 2011. We had a great stay and the service was wonderful. A representative from La Cabana picks you up from the train station and walks you to the hotel. Just like Cusco, lots of steep streets but I loved it! We stayed in the top room, I believe it was the biggest one for only one night. The bed was very comfortable and everything was clean!
The receptionist mentioned that we could check out the hot springs but we were too caught up with exploring Aguas Calientes and its Mercado. We were unable to check out the breakfast because we woke up at 4am to be on the first buses to Machu Picchu.
Overall, really great stay no complaints...except, oh yeah! One huge spider looked at us while we slept...I would still recommend staying here regardless, I didn't let one spider ruin my trip =D

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel La Cabana Machu Picchu? Share your experiences!