Unfortunately, in Aguas Calientes, your choice is either expensive luxury or cheap roughing it. Terraz del Inca is the latter, and you do indeed get what you pay for in the low price--a barebones, but passable accommodation. Look for no frills as you are only provided a towel and a bar of soap. The entire room was damp (and items left in the room became damp), thus plenty of mildew. While there was thankfully hot water in the shower, it was full of mildew and there was no soap holder. The room was not very clean, but you can survive a night there. The TV only has three local Spanish channels, but the free wireless worked fine. I liked the white noise the river provided, it help me attempt to sleep in the uncomfortable, hard bed with very thin pillow. The inn will also let you leave luggage for free and use their common area when you come back from Machu Picchu. While the visit definitely wasn't comfortable, you don't go to Aguas Calientes to enjoy a hotel, thus it served its purpose for the one night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inca Civilization developed the most important culture in South America. Terrazas Del Inca B&B Hostel is located in this area . We are centrally located in the town of Machu Picchu also known as Aguas Calientes. Machu Pichu, the archeological Inca site, is a 25 minute bus drive from Aguas Calientes.The views from the terraces are fantastic and from their rooms can enjoy serene, melodic sound of the river Aquas Calientes.Terrazas del Inca Bed and Breakfast is located 2 blocks from the bus station that takes you to the ruins of Machu Picchu. The bus ride is 25 minutes zig-zag journey to the mountaintop.You will want to have as much time as possible to enjoy the ruins. We recommend that you take the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes. It is a 2 hour train ride. You´ll spend a comfortable night at our Hostel, wake up early, eat a wonderful complete breakfast, and head up to the ruins by bus while it´s still early. You can catch the sunrise over this beautiful lost city of the Incas (depending on the season) and enjoy the day at this magnificent place. We are happy to assist you with any questions you may have at our front desk. Call for reservations in advance. Our guests are important and we treat you with utmost care. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B and HostelWorld so you can book your Terrazas del Inca B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terrazas Del Inca Hotel Aguas Calientes
- Terrazas Del Inca Bed And Breakfast