We stayed 3 nights here and were met by Arson at the train station who carried our bags to the hotel. The reception staff of Geraldo and Maria were so very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them as were all the staff. The room overlooking the river was quiet, modern, clean and the bed and bedding one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. The breakfast is very good at all the Tierra Viva hotels. We liked Aguas Calientas as we thought it was a lovely small town and we're glad we spent longer than most people do. Arson again helped us with our bags to the station . We thoroughly recommend this chain of hotels and are staying in all of them during our trip to Peru.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tierra Viva Machu Picchu hotel strategic location ensures our clients the best experience possible of the amazing Inca citadel. Our facilities are located in the quietest area of Aguas Calientes, facing the Urubamba River and surrounded by the Forest of Clouds. We have exclusively at your disposal, a bus stop from where our clients can directly take the bus to Machu Picchu or get to the archeological site after a 60 minute walk. Modern style, our Hotel has 43 spacious and comfortable rooms, a lounge with a fireplace, a breakfast room and a bar to relax and enjoy some drinks after a day of adventures. Our hotel has a panoramic lift that has been decorated with Andean inspired graffiti by the Peruvian artist Carolina Malaga. Near the entrance of the hotel is the dining room, where every morning a delicious Andean buffet is served, and the Reception Desk were you can comfortably do your check-in. Staying true to the peacefulness and tranquility of Machu Picchu our Hotel offers you a place to relax and rest. Therefore, our rooms are spacious and well illuminated; they all have air conditioning and a bathtub. In our Andean inspired decorated rooms you will be able to appreciate the famous "Quipus" from the artist Maricruz Arribas. Exhibited in our Gift Shop, you will find beautiful local craftwork made by the Andean communities that work for the Centre of Traditional Textile Art of Cusco, which is a prestigious organization with many years in the business. At Tierra Viva Cusco Machu Picchu Hotel you will enjoy the greatest cultural attraction in Peru with the comfort you are looking for and relax surrounded by the exuberant nature of the magical Forest of Clouds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Tierra Viva Machu Picchu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatuchay Tower Hotel Aguas Calientes
- Hatuchay Hotel Machu Picchu