“excellent - really enjoyed this place” 5 of 5 stars

084 211 090
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, Peruvian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Saint Louis, Missouri
“excellent - really enjoyed this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Both food and service were superb. It was a very nice evening, relaxing, and SO good to be a bit off the square and away from people shouting about their pizza and massages. Good value as well on food, wine, beer.

Visited September 2013

Sydney
“Good service and nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Really enjoyed the beer that we had here and the quiche. Very easy to order with English menus and the staff are very helpful. They have a good selection of beers and have very tasty french oriented food.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Worst service ever experienced. Then we find a bug in our salad...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review whilst my blood is boiling and I am sitting in this Aguas Calientes [--].
First we arrived and were barely greeted. The staff then pointed to the stairs as they were apparently unable to accommodate us on the ground floor. We went upstairs and then waited whilst we accommodated ourselves and then we had to signal to get served.
Then when the food came, my wife noticed a live caterpillar crawling on a stalk of basil that accompanied her dish (Avocado and Papaya salad which was terrible even without the bug).
I would advise anyone against ever eating in this place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
La Plata, Argentina
“Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

It's the perfect restaurant for a perfect place. The food, dish presentation and service were outsatnding. We went twice and the second time were really tired after spending all day in Macchu Picchu and it was great!! It´s more expensive than other places in the same city, but it's worth it. You can order a set menu that's cheaper and while wating the food you have hot bread and homemade butter. I recomend the onion soup and sirloin skewer with pepper sauce and carob.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Maine
“Great food, harried service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I ate here twice during my two-day stay in Aguas Calientes because the food was so good. The highlights for me were the hot bread and homemade butter and delicious soups. Yes, it's pricier than other options in town, but the 60 sole set menu is actually a lot of food (the mains come with two terrines of sides not listed on the menu), and the quality is far, far above most of the other places. I gave it only four stars because both nights I was here the place was severely understaffed. I had trouble getting a menu, the service during the meal was harried, and it took forever to get my check. This made the experience as a whole a bit stressful, but the food was great.

• Visited September 2013