TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Pretty nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Crown Plaza Hotel

You added Victoria Crown Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Victoria Crown Plaza Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   292B Ajose Adeogun Street | Victoria Island, Lagos 101241, Nigeria   |
Ranked #20 of 116 Hotels in Lagos
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pretty nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Rooms were nice and comfortable,the front desk was very efficient at check-in although check out was kinda unprofessional, the clerk did not ask how was our stay or anything, won't even offer any help whatsoever. Overall, i may still go back

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Nice hotel in a quite and peacful area in Victoria Island.

Everything is ok but something inconvenient in the room like the lighting and the internet connection. You have to keep the TV on to have access to internet and the desk is facing the TV screen...

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the bar outside
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

A wise (not so old) man said to me, "why does no one write anything good about Nigeria". Well, I will do my best, because not only do I have good things to say about Nigeria, but even more about the VCP hotel, staff, and the Hotel's amazing General Manager. Here we go!

This was my first trip to Nigeria, actually, my first time to Africa. I was accompanying my best friend on a quest, yes, a I used to verb quest, to find his family from which he was taken as a small child almost 60 years ago. The only information we had was his family name and the name of the Lagos island he was from (Tomaro Island).

On the build up to our quest, yes, I will keep using this word, I read as much as I could about Nigeria. Some much of it was negative and I started to feel very uncomfortable. With the difficulty of the quest it was important to be based in a hotel that was comfortable, centrally located, had reliable internet connectivity, security all at a manageable price. I searched and read about over 100 hotels until I came across the VCP which meet all of our requirements on paper.

When we arrived at the VCP, we were quickly attending to with warm smiles and a quick checking process. I was worried about language barriers, but the front desk staff were clearly well trained and educated. I felt I was in good hands even though I was apprehensive about trying to find my way about a city I have never been to looking for the impossible. We settled in at the hotel bar by the pool and we treated like royalty by the bar staff and all the supporting members. Every staff member was friendly and genuine.

My apprehension about our quest started to melt as our rooms had all of the amenities that you demand from a 4 star hotel. The bed was super comfortable, solid A/C (air conditioning), a healthy selection of international TV/Movies, excellent internet connectivity (with personalized individual WiFi coverage in each room) and prompt room service to boot.

On paper the VCP lived up to service description, however, what separates this hotel from the many I've stayed in all over the world, is that the staff and especially the General Manager assistance in our quest. The staff were materially supportive to the hospitality, but even more so, they made a personal connection with us. This is something that you can not buy at any price, and I will remember everyone there for the rest of my because without them, I do not believe we would have reunited a family and change so many lives.

This is a fully honest account of my experience of this marvellous hotel, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone, under any circumstance.

Thank you so much VCP, you represented your hotel, country, and culture so well. Nigeria is beautiful, rich in life, deep in culture and you all showed the true heart of your nation.

See you all again very soon!

Martin Jordan (Mj)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

my friend and i have just returned from staying at the V C P from the moment we entered the hotel we felt right at home. The staff from all the departments were friendly polite and made sure no request was a problem after a hot day in the heat of the sun the clean air cooled rooms was a pleasure to walk into. The cuisine was excellent catering for all tastes. The bar staff are excellent and the pool is by the bar if one wants to cool off.This fantastic hotel is run by Paul Kavannagh a friendlier hoteler i doubt i will ever meet. Thank you Paul and to all of your staff for a fantastic holiday kwesi

• Stayed February 2014
Holland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Ive stayed here a few times, and the good thing about this place is you know what to expect.

On the negative side, the power goes out some evenings about 20-30 times, restaurant staff are slow, they seemingly havent done regular room maintence on some time and the pool is a congrete hole. On the positive side, they have good internet, most rooms are pretty nice, and food is not to bad.

Overall its a pretty good hotel for its official star rating.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was there with several colleagues for quite a long time in Nov. 2013. We found the rooms were spectacular with all the amenities you could want. The food choices were great and most importantly the whole staff from the GM down to all the staff were so friendly and supportive of us staying so long which was out of our control. Thank you to all of you great people at the VCP. I will be sure to stay there again when I have to go back to Lagos!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Excellent location for business travelers. Hotel itself is a bit worn, but still good value for your money. Staff is nice as they usually are in Lagos. Service was flexible and friendly really, that helped my stay. Would choose again for my next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business