TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Savoy Suites
43 Isaac John Street | GRA, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Ranked #18 of 213 Lagos B&B and Inns
Turin, Italy
“Conveniently located and good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

It's my second time at the Savoy Suites and I am happy to hear some improvements. I use the gym which has all the basic machines. The staff at the restaurant are very flexible and even one of the reception boys (who works as a tailor) helped in fixing a trouser.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is the 5th time I have stayed at this hotel and it just keeps getting better. Its very clean, the pool is good with new furniture around it.

The staff are fab and nothing is too much trouble for them, I asked for a different room and they moved me without any problems, when I asked for some food that was not on the menu, they made it for me, all in all one of the best stays I have had in Lagos.

As I have said before, this hotel puts the bigger ones to shame. The wifi is now free to guests and it is a good speed.

Can it improve more!!!!! It would be nice if the gym had a little more equipment in it Mr Manager!!!!

Give this hotel a try, it secure, local and close to some bars, restaurants, shops and not to far from the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the left side of the hotel as the club on the other side is open till 4.00am
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

So this is the 3rd time I have stayed here. Things are happening. The pool is fab, the gym is working and we have even had a coat of paint. All in all, this little hotel offers better value than many of the other ‘Big names’ in Lagos. The staff are first class and nothing is too much trouble for them. Well done to the managers and please keep it up.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

This is my third trip to Lagos but the first time at this hotel. Having looked on Trip advisor before I came I was expecting a reasonable hotel as it had some good reports. The truth is that the only correct report was the friendly staff!!!
The free internet now has to be paid for, the pool has been out of use for over four months with no indication of when it will be repaired and the gym was dirty with broken equipment.
The inclusive breakfast is basically eggs (whatever way you want them) and extra beans would cost you £2.30. The choice of food in the restaurant is average.
Security is very good and the rooms are average but a little small. Other similar priced hotels are in the local area and offer better value for money, I did try to talk with the management but they did not want to know!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
East Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I traveled to Lagos from the U.S. and found this hotel based on previous reviews. I was impressed with the staff's professionalism, cleanliness of the room and the restaurant had local cuisine to my liking--though a bit pricey IMO. My main concern was security since I was by myself and not once did I have any safety concerns since there were guards at the front entrance of the gate. Additionally, the hotel has Wi-Fi as an added bonus for a modest fee. Overrall, if given the opportunity I would stay at the Savoy Suites without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Having stayed in several hotels in Lagos, this will be one of the safest places to stay in Lagos. Close to the airport and all regular eating places.
Staff were very professional in their dealings with guests, most especially the Manager Mr Lanre...
Only downside is the leaks you have in the bathroom while using the shower as well as no phone reception in some rooms..
Pricey but very much worth it

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Whenever I’m in Lagos I normally used to stay at another boutique hotel not far from the Savoy Suites. For some reason during my last 2 trips, the cheaper rooms were always taken and I stayed in rooms/suites whose price is almost twice that of the cheapest rooms. I then started trawling the internet for alternative accommodation and what a find!! The Savoy Suites is everything that the other reviewers have said and I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 day stay in their clean, well-maintained rooms. From now onwards it is going to be my preferred place in Lagos without a doubt. Because of my busy schedule I was not able to make use or even see the pool and the gym.

The only negative thing I could mention (which is really nitpicking on my part) is that they didn’t have electrical adaptors for Euro plugs and I ended up buying one in order to charge my phone and for my laptop. However, this last point should not take away the fact that this is a fantastic place!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Savoy Suites? Share your experiences!