TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“My Grandmother's Room is Better Decorated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lagos Airport Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lagos
Lagos Airport Hotel
111 Obafemi Awolowo Way | Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Ranked #38 of 68 hotels in Lagos
Abuja
“My Grandmother's Room is Better Decorated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I could not believe my eyes on getting to our suite! It's a sore spot!! This property should've been renovated a decade ago!!! Archaic couches, old and noisy AC, dented litter-bin, white-turned-brown towels & bathrobe (I couldn't even touch them, even though they were washed clean; they were too old), very old bath tub, leaking fridge... you name it, it's in there. There was even a note on the bathroom door that said if you need to purchase a new bathrobe, it cost N4,000. Now, that is the height of shamelessness (it means the management also knows that guests wouldn't be comfortable with the one provided. How can you buy a bathrobe for use in a hotel???)

On a brighter note, the room service was excellent. African dishes were great- 110%. Staff were courteous, environment was clean. Hotel has a bar and a pool. The security of the hotel was also ok. Private cabs on standby for transfers to anywhere (dial the number provided on the phone directory) and hotel is located close to the airport. I would've loved this place as they have many good things about them but the sight of our room ruined everything, I wish the management would get some conscience and renovate it soon. Awwww!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Newcastle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The hotel is OK, a fair hike from the international airport, it is in need of severe maintenance and re-decoration, it is really weather beaten.

The staff are really great nothing id too much of a problem.

The food is OK, from a European perspective, but some of the Nigerian food is excellent especially if you like hot peppery food, my compatriates thought the local Nigerian cuisine was excellent, as I am a wimp I lept with the 'safety food'

Big plus from the UK side, they have Hienz Tomato Ketchup, HO brown sauce (Result!!!),mayo the whole nine yards.

Rooms, weatherbeaten, Aircon noisy, and not working well, basiclly vert tatty all round, reasonably clean.

Again the staff very friendly, always wanting to help.

Security in the hotel excellent,outside pool, OK see better days though.

All in all an OK hotel but the owners need to invest and upgrade the hotel

Room Tip: Pretty much the same standard all round.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed twice quite a while back. The first time I stayed in the main building. Okay room, the only fault was a dirty bathroom. Room service was good and had a range of international and Nigerian food.

Second time we stayed in a bungalow off from the main building. Big, had air con was well lit. Had room service again and despite being quite far away from the main building they still came quickly. Recommend for a quick overnight stay if your flight is in the morning.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lagos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Lagos airport hotel is not bad after all. My flight was delayed and i was checked into the hotel for one night. The rooms was okay. Newly renovated. The service was okay and the staff were very friendly. I had no regrets at all. I recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: i was told that renovation was in progress in the outer wing. I stayed in the main building. You may...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Lagos airport Hotel is a jungle in an advanced Jungle.
I had my three toes sliced by their nonfunctional wardrobe doors.The next day after the incident the Manager on duty never bothered to ask me as a guest how I was faring with such odious and painful injury.
I will not recommend this Hotel to anyone as the Management is burnt-out and facilities are archaic.You will be living in a jungle if you stay here,
The junior staff are quite friendly but the top Management is nothing to write home about I regret my stay there.And it was unnecessarily expensive.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I was transiting through on my way back from Calabar, so it was just half a day and a night, with an evil early morning start.

My booking was screwed up, the hotel was lying about having an airport shuttle bus, and consequently I had to get local currency and a local taxi. Seemed to be half an hour from the new airport (ie, not close), but that could be the lottery of lagos taxis punishing me.

They also had technical issues with their credit card terminals and seemed to think this was my problem, and I needed to find cash to check in. Not a nice situation, I had to ring my bank to get something sorted, and asking for an unannounced transaction to Nigeria can be hard to do with wary UK banks!

I see others have commented on the state of repair, It does seem to have some shabby annex buildings, but the rooms inside were fine. Has a nice pool and adjacent bar, I ate in the Chinese restaurant, which was pretty good.

Mostly a hotel used by locals, and the pool had a lot of kids from a local school visiting. I found people in the hotel to be very friendly and actually quite enjoyed my short stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Bangalore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Had stayed here for a day.Overall will recommend if you are looking a hotel very ear to the airport.However cusine hey offer is typically local and not much choice for food.

Stayed March 2008, traveled on business

Been to Lagos Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!