TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Blue Seafood Restaurant

Coral Blue Seafood Restaurant
Victoria Island Food Court, 1 Adeyemo Alakija Street, by Sanusi Fafunwa, Lagos 101241, Nigeria
+(234)7056793388
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 98 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Seafood
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

the food for me was just amazing. Loved it. Im allergic to shelled prawns and they were nice enough to make sure the prawns I ordered had their shells removed. it was also surprisingly affordable. I liked the themed decor and the waiters outfits. Our waiter was very nice and attentive.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
“Yummy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you like seafood, you should try the Coral Blue Seafood Restaurant. We had sumptuous starters and main menues and could not finish it. Hopefully, they will keep the standard.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Thoroughly enjoyed my meal here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a great, casual dinner spot. It's a bit hard to find (HINT: it's above a fast food restaurant called Kilamanjaro, which has a large red sign on the street frontage - look for that, then head upstairs). When you do arrive, there's a comfortable and inviting ambience along with smiling staff to greet you. Travelling on business, I found myself dining alone. Service was friendly, attentive and helpful throughout my meal. With a wide range of seafood offering, I chose grilled king prawns, which were perfectly prepared and plentiful. Delicious warm dinner rolls started my meal and a glass of wine completed it. I would definitely return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lagos, Nigeria
“Promising.... but must do better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The Coral Blue restaurant is essentially a seafood restaurant and as such will inevitably draw comparisons with Ocean Basket. The venue is good; no hassle getting parked and a friendly welcome. The setting is pleasant and each table has traditional place settings. First point of contact with the serving staff was good but here was the first disappointment. Not only could they not supply the first choice beer (Harp) but also failed on the second choice one (Star). No matter - I came for the food not the beer. The menu scores points over Ocean Basket both in its variety of dishes and choices of combos. Two of us ordered the Paella Valencia and one ordered a line fish and shrimp combo. I also ordered a shrimp cocktail starter. This is where a few things started going wrong. On a relatively quiet Tuesday night with only four tables occupied the first food took over 30 minutes to arrive. This included my main course but sadly not my starter. The starter arrived about 5 minutes later with half my paella now consumed. The third person had to wait a further 10 minutes for their food. The waitress was sincere in her apology for the mix-up but it was a little chaotic. As for the food - good to excellent. The paella was the best I have had in Lagos although residents of Valencia would feel a little short changed by the lack of meat and scarcity of mussels. The shrimp cocktail was very good and the line fish combo was excellent. You can expect to pay more than you would at Ocean Basket (around £6 or $10 for a starter and around £12 or $20 for most main meals). So nice place, pleasant staff, good menu, plenty of variety and food good. They just need to sort out the kitchen process, find the accelerator pedal and improve their stock of beer and it will be well worth a return trip.

Lagos, Nigeria
“An impressive difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The ambience at Coral Blue does what I believe it was built to do, welcome you without scaring you away, special without being homey nor artificial. It is family friendly and actually puts you on the seashores with the boaty theme. I was impressed by the artistry of the presentation, I believe I enjoyed my money's worth by just feasting my eyes.

• Visited March 2013