TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Cuisines: African, Diner, Continental, International
London
“A lot of Kulture!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

It's a been a while since I visited Lagos and I'm surprised at the number of restaurants that have popped up all over the place. One of the things that has not changed is the state of the street where Terra Culture is - terrible! As for Terra Culture, if you're looking for a Englishy type breakfast, smoothies, freshly squeezed juices, filtered coffee and other really interesting snacks and meals, alongside a book shop stuffed with books about Nigeria or a gallery which is displaying the latest works by an artist (aided by a very knowledgeable curator) then this is the place for you. I met with a group of friends for coffee and I loved the casual atmosphere, the friendly helpful staff and when I visit Lagos again, I will certainly visit there again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Good Concept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

There is an art gallery here for Art lovers and collectors. I particularly love the sizable bookshop/ library which foreigners may find interesting; as there are books on the Nigerian history and culture. Terra Kulture also has a restaurant and can be used as an event place.

Nigeria
“Was disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had never been there, but my sisters had and so i dropped by one weekday and i was sad i did. To get anyone to attend to me, i had to go to the back to call out for someone, who took his time coming to attend to me. The person who attended to me was quite slow and i couldn't wait to get out of there. Poetry readings and other Afrocentric activities are their forte. They don't get points for attempting food service. Sorry.

Visited May 2012
Ayo R, Public Relations Manager at Terra Kulture, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Hi, i know it's well over one year since you expressed your disappointment.The management of Terra Kulture just took over our Trip Advisor page officially. This explains why the apology is coming at this time. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment. We''ll keep working harder to please our awesome customers and you're one of them,
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic Cultural Center - More than a restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

During Social Media Week Lagos there were events scheduled here everyday. So we dined here several times. There is a library next to the restaurant. There is wireless throughout the property.
There is a beautiful art gallery upstairs.

Behind the restaurant there is a courtyard that leads to a space that hosts a variety of entertainment.

They had free live entertainment during Social Media Week with live jazz, rap, traditional Nigerian music, comedy and radio broadcasts.

This was one of my favorite places to hangout in Lagos.

• Visited February 2013