TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Veranda Restaurant

La Veranda Restaurant
17 Oju Olobun Street, off Bishop Oluwole Street, Victoria Island, Lagos 101007, Nigeria
+(234)14631299
Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #19 of 92 restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Italian
Lagos, Nigeria
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

4 1/2 years living here in Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria and this is the first time I have visited the restaurant. The only reason I went today for lunch was because the manager is babysitting Izanagi's while Bernard is away on a much needed vacation. He asked me why I have not visited the restaurant, even though some of my friends go there. I told him we went there once before (before the Italian restaurant was opened) and it was an okay experience. So today instead of going to Izanagi's for lunch decided to go to La Veranda. The restaurant is small and they need to get rid of the oriental hanging lamps (use to be a Chinese restaurant). They could use a little remodeling but that is just my opinion. I ordered # 11 Insalate Frutto Di Mare which was really nice, also # 16 the Beef Carpacio (which was not to my taste, and I love Carpaccio), my main was #24, simple Aglio Olio, which was great, and a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio (Chilean). They brought out some bread with marinara sauce and a nice flavored butter (think it was mushroom) which was very nice. My waiter was Rael, he was very attentive, not like Lawrence though from Izanagi's...but he was still good and very polite. I like that they have the option of eating outside (under covering) if you want to enjoy the breeze and have shisha. I will go again and take my husband this time or friends. I would recommend the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
“Excellent Service and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The staff made us feel very welcome and was helpful with food and wine selection. They serve fantastic appetizers on the house. We will definitely be visiting regularly... And they offer a free delivery service! Thumbs up for the best service in Lagos thus far...and we've been here a while. Keep it up.

Visited August 2013
Walid-El-Zyr, General Manager at La Veranda Restaurant, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings from The Blowfish Hotel!

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at La Veranda.

I would like to highlight that in addition to the free delivery, we do have now a summer promotion of the Pizza orders: Buy one and Get the second 50% OFF, From Monday to Friday valid only for Delivery and Take Away, until 30 September 2013.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Walid El Zyr
“Delighful Italian Food - attentive staff excellent chef.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Out with a couple of friends on a very pleasant July evening in Lagos, we chose to dine at this cosy Italian restaurant - choosing to sit in the own air Verandah. The gentle Atlantic sea breeze was absolutely priceless. Since we were all fresh from an earlier lunch and concentrated on the appetisers. Notable were the Salmon Affumicato ( Smoked), Ginger Bread with Mushroom, Bruschetta and topped up with Tiramidu and Cheesecake. A wonderful chef anxious to please and very attentive staff made for a delightful evening.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for the time spent at La Veranda, and for the positive feedback about your experience.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time with us, and definitely our chef is most grateful for recognizing his great work.

La Veranda, and The Blowfish Hotel's team are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,