TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Review of Morning Side Suites

Save Saved
You added Morning Side Suites to your Saves list
Morning Side Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11b Teslim Elias Close | Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Lagos
Nairobi
“Very Homely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

A small, quiet and cozy place with great personalized service. Staff are friendly and very professional. The chef even came out of the kitchen to my table to find out how the meal was. Meals freshly prepared to your liking including breakfast as there is no buffet for any meal. Rooms are a bit small

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the hotel above the main entrance will probably have a better view than t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MorningSideS, General Manager at Morning Side Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear VCMO,

Thank you for leaving a comment on our Trip Advisor page. Its only through feed whether it's positive or negative we are able to improve on our guest services. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Best regards

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at the Morning suite recently and i must confess that i had a very great time enjoying the cute well arranged room, the very serene bar and the hospitality of the Manager and staff of the Hotel. Right from the reception, you get this feeling that you are trully welcome. The bar also attended to me like a king. Overall i am looking forward to another visit to this hotel where i have experienced complete relaxation in a bustly city like Lagos.

Room Tip: The wifi works well so you don't need a data card, also there are newspapers in the lobby
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MorningSideS, General Manager at Morning Side Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Desmond,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback . We are all glad you enjoyed your stay and are very much looking forward to welcoming you back sometimes soon.

Best Regards
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was the first commercial lodger at Morningside Suites in 2011. I stayed for 6 weeks and witnessed the final fittings and staff training. I was impressed by the attention to detail, professionalism, and attentiveness of the staff, and I remain impressed by the consistency of the service. It has become my home away from home. The reason is simple. It is smack in the middle of commercial Lagos with easy access to V/I, Mainland, Lekki, and the airport. The H/Qs and execs of most banks, telecoms, construction, and oil companies, and most embassies are within 15 mins drive.

Yet, it is an oasis of bliss because once you drive through the heavy steel gate you forget you are in Lagos. It is small and intimate, with a cute swimming pool, bar and dining room. Infact, I make a point of spending a few days there each time I pass through Lagos even though I don't need to. I have stayed in more luxurious, albeit more expensive, hotels around the world but nothing beats a place where everyone knows your name.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MorningSideS, Manager at Morning Side Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Falcao C

Thank you very much for leaving a comment on our Trip Advisor page. We are all glad you enjoyed your stay with us once again and are very much looking forward to your next visit.

Morning Side Suites will always be your "home away from home"

Best Regards
Morning Side Suites Team
Spring City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at the Morning Side Suites my first time in Nigeria with my fiancé. I must tell you the staff from the front desk, restaurant, bartenders, room service, security and all the maintenance personal are very professional hardworking people. The management is exceptional! very competent. I have stayed in hotels around the world and this one is the best without a doubt.
I recommend this to anyone. The people are just great on every level.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a queen size bed.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
MorningSide S, General Manager at Morning Side Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Steven C

Wow, we are all pleased by your superb review. We are particularly happy that you found our staff and services great. We strive to deliver World class guest service to all or guests. We hope that you will not wait so long to visit us again and encourage you to call me directly as I would be honoured to personally welcome you back.

Thank once again for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our Trip Advisor readers, your thorough feedback is forever grateful!

Warm regards,
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

It was my first time in Lagos and I have to say that this small hotel has all you need for a business trip.
Great WIFI connection, big, clean and comfortable rooms, excellent guest attention, good dinner menu, sport channel, gym and pool...
Totally worthy compared with other hotels such as Eko. Definitively, I'll stay again next time

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have stayed here several times for 1-2 week periods between October 2012 and today (July 2013). I was pointed here by colleagues in my search for a reasonably priced hotel that is better than the many B&Bs that are hidden behind gates around VI, and cheaper than the large hotels. The hotel opened only recently (I believe October 2012) hence interior still in relatively good condition. Recently, new manager started who appears to be more on top of things than the previous one. Staff is also more attentive/friendly now. Rooms are bit small but have all necessary equipment and beds are good. There is a pool and gym, but both are small. Key disadvantages for me: no decent coffee (only Nescafe); Internet a bit shaky occasionally (though it seems to be improving); and I find food (including breakfast) a bit expensive for what is offered. The chef does know his job but it is just rather boring menu. But there are many good restaurants within 3 minutes ride from the hotel and another restaurant a few plots down the small road. I rate MorningSide as 'average' because of these disadvantages BUT I will certainly come back on my next visit to Lagos because of the price-value in Lagos. I do recommend MorningSide to friends and business contact.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

When my friend told about a small boutique hotel with 5 Star features in Victoria Island, I was amused and not a little sceptical...my scepticism ended when I walked in through the front glass doors, held open by a smiling doorman and into a rather bespoke lobby that acted as an unassuming divide between the indoor bar and the restaurant.

I explored the hotel further and was delightfully pleased to discover a second bar, this time by the pool!
PERFECT location for my favorite cocktails!
The food in Morning Side Suites is simply addictive, I kept looking for the Chef but I guess he was rather busy churning out more of those irresistable dishes - delicious!
Staying a night here was not a mistake, immensely affordable for such a splendid boutique hotel, the rooms (believe me, I took a tour) are unique and feels more aesthetic than most bigger brand hotels I've stayed in.
I could simply walk to the cinema, oh yes! It was right across the street - and in time too for my favorite movies!
Morning Side Suites...I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Morning Side Suites? Share your experiences!