TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 133 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Johnny Rockets is an international restaurant chain, providing the food, fun, andfriendliness reminiscent of feel-good Americana. Every Johnny Rockets restaurantboasts great tasting food from a menu of favorites, including juicy hamburgers,classic sandwiches, and hand-dipped shakes and malts. Guests also enjoy an all-American look and feel, tabletop jukeboxes, and authentic décor.The first Johnny Rockets opened on June 6, 1986, on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles,California, founded on the belief that everyone deserves a place where they canescape from today’s complicated world and experience the goodness of classicAmericana. Since then, Johnny Rockets has been offering guests friendly service andgreat food in a fun and nostalgic atmosphere, and has expanded to more than 300restaurants worldwide.Now our concept is opening its first of 5 locations in Nigeria and we are incrediblyexcited to provide our food and service in this great country. Nigerians have long-craved a true American burger and traditional American fare, and with the openingof Johnny Rockets in Nigeria, they will finally have it.So, come on in to Johnny Rockets and join us Where the good times roll! ™
Canada/Netherlands
“It's a meal and a show!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

You are going to be paying $20-40 a meal, but if you look at it as an experience I think most would find it easier to swallow. Nowhere else in Lagos are people rocking out to 50s music every 20 minutes!!!! On that note, I wish there was a way to tip/incentivize the good dancers as some were really trying and others going through the motions.

The brownies sundae was a true treat and this is the only place I know of in Nigeria I can find a good veggie burger. The only disappointment was it was N3100 (~$20!) for the burger alone when I ordered a Route 66 with a veggie burger . But the fact I got exactly what I wanted and it was delicious is enough to make up for it this one time. In the future, please consider allowing a customer to substitute the veggie for beef burger at the normal price.

Overall, well done!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Inverness, United Kingdom
“A friendly Lunch on VI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The name Johnny Rockets is new to Lagos and I was quite apprehensive about what the result might be! I had read some other quite negative views of previous visits.

Well from arrival to departure my experience was first class. I was greeted with a smile, given time to view menu and then placed an order. The food was delivered in a short space of time both hot fresh and very tasty. The quality and quantity of our lunch was worth every penny as was the service. The quirky dance carried out by the staff was much appreciated and a nice touch.

The staff were attentive and also gave us space to enjoy our lunch and responded just at the right time.

Recommendations to visit this location have already be passed on to my friends as a must visit when in Lagos.

I believe the prices charged reflect the service throughout, a good effort all round and I will definitely return for this indulgence in the future.

• Visited October 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
“Top Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Im a huge burger fan and have had burgers most places in Lagos (my waistline can attest to this) so I can pretty much tell you where has the best, and the worst.

Johnny rockets is pretty high up there with the best. The meat is of good quality and a single burger is enough for anyone whatever their appetite.

I like the decor and the jukebox gives it that added american vibe.

The kids would love it too... the staff break out into song spontaneously.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Welcome to the Good burger, can i take your order....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit here. The service staff were so polite and when they did their number, wonderful. The burgers were excellent, well stuffed, juicy beef patty that has been grilled to perfection. The smiley faced ketchup plate is a lovely touch.

• Visited May 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
“Burger heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am used to having burgers at our regular fast foods so my first experience with the JR burger took me to the burger heaven and back. I wanted more even though i was clearly stuffed. I also loved the playful way in which the ketchup came... the waiter made smiley faces using ketchup.

My second visit got me experiencing the staff dancing. Its one of a kind and i always tell anyone who wants to eat burger to head down there.

I'll always visit till i have tried out every burger on the menu.

• Visited July 2013