TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 145 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Delivery
Description: Johnny Rockets is an international restaurant chain, providing the food, fun, andfriendliness reminiscent of feel-good Americana. Every Johnny Rockets restaurantboasts great tasting food from a menu of favorites, including juicy hamburgers,classic sandwiches, and hand-dipped shakes and malts. Guests also enjoy an all-American look and feel, tabletop jukeboxes, and authentic décor.The first Johnny Rockets opened on June 6, 1986, on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles,California, founded on the belief that everyone deserves a place where they canescape from today’s complicated world and experience the goodness of classicAmericana. Since then, Johnny Rockets has been offering guests friendly service andgreat food in a fun and nostalgic atmosphere, and has expanded to more than 300restaurants worldwide.Now our concept is opening its first of 5 locations in Nigeria and we are incrediblyexcited to provide our food and service in this great country. Nigerians have long-craved a true American burger and traditional American fare, and with the openingof Johnny Rockets in Nigeria, they will finally have it.So, come on in to Johnny Rockets and join us Where the good times roll! ™
Inverness, United Kingdom
“A friendly Lunch on VI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The name Johnny Rockets is new to Lagos and I was quite apprehensive about what the result might be! I had read some other quite negative views of previous visits.

Well from arrival to departure my experience was first class. I was greeted with a smile, given time to view menu and then placed an order. The food was delivered in a short space of time both hot fresh and very tasty. The quality and quantity of our lunch was worth every penny as was the service. The quirky dance carried out by the staff was much appreciated and a nice touch.

The staff were attentive and also gave us space to enjoy our lunch and responded just at the right time.

Recommendations to visit this location have already be passed on to my friends as a must visit when in Lagos.

I believe the prices charged reflect the service throughout, a good effort all round and I will definitely return for this indulgence in the future.

• Visited October 2013

Lagos, Nigeria
“Top Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Im a huge burger fan and have had burgers most places in Lagos (my waistline can attest to this) so I can pretty much tell you where has the best, and the worst.

Johnny rockets is pretty high up there with the best. The meat is of good quality and a single burger is enough for anyone whatever their appetite.

I like the decor and the jukebox gives it that added american vibe.

The kids would love it too... the staff break out into song spontaneously.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Welcome to the Good burger, can i take your order....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my first visit here. The service staff were so polite and when they did their number, wonderful. The burgers were excellent, well stuffed, juicy beef patty that has been grilled to perfection. The smiley faced ketchup plate is a lovely touch.

• Visited May 2013
Lagos, Nigeria
“Burger heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am used to having burgers at our regular fast foods so my first experience with the JR burger took me to the burger heaven and back. I wanted more even though i was clearly stuffed. I also loved the playful way in which the ketchup came... the waiter made smiley faces using ketchup.

My second visit got me experiencing the staff dancing. Its one of a kind and i always tell anyone who wants to eat burger to head down there.

I'll always visit till i have tried out every burger on the menu.

• Visited July 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Mixed feeling...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The decor is really fun and goes with the music the staff style as well. The staff should serve in roller and it will be so much fun!
I didnˊt find the staff very professional, our waitress disapear at a point we needed to wave and call for them and then we were waiting for our change that never arrived we needed to ask for it, the waiter came throw the change on the table and turn back and leave... so bad for him so no tips
:-| .The team dance for clients that was fun.
The burger we had was the #12 with 2soft drinks a portion of fries and onion rings and a sunday ice cream.
it was good but had better burgers in SA.
It is really expensive but i guess for Nigeria it is ok...
I will give it amother try i guess.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Namir S, Owner at Johnny Rockets, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please, let me start by thanking you for your review. As I’ve said in the past, without honest reviews like these, we have no way of knowing how we’re perceived in the community.

With that being said, let me apologize for your terrible experience. I can assure you that Johnny Rockets Nigeria went to great lengths to train our staff in customer service, professionalism, and courtesy. We put our staff through various interviews, classroom lessons on food, hygiene, and service, and even flew in a team from America to show them what amazing customer service requires. The behavior you mentioned was completely unacceptable; and to be honest, it is quite embarrassing for me, because I take our service very seriously.

Please know this review will be shared with my staff, and this issue will be addressed. If you don’t mind, please email me the time of day when the incident happened, any names you may remember, or any characteristics that may help me determine who interacted with you. My email address is brittanynahman@johnnyrocketsnigeria.com

Thank you so much for your helpful critique. Please, should you choose to visit us again, bring any failure like this to the attention of the manager on duty immediately so we can compensate you for our mistake. I hope you will give us another chance soon. I can assure you that most of our staff is cheerful and professional, and there will not be a repeat of that terrible experience.

Brittany Nahman, Owner