TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 135 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Johnny Rockets is an international restaurant chain, providing the food, fun, andfriendliness reminiscent of feel-good Americana. Every Johnny Rockets restaurantboasts great tasting food from a menu of favorites, including juicy hamburgers,classic sandwiches, and hand-dipped shakes and malts. Guests also enjoy an all-American look and feel, tabletop jukeboxes, and authentic décor.The first Johnny Rockets opened on June 6, 1986, on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles,California, founded on the belief that everyone deserves a place where they canescape from today’s complicated world and experience the goodness of classicAmericana. Since then, Johnny Rockets has been offering guests friendly service andgreat food in a fun and nostalgic atmosphere, and has expanded to more than 300restaurants worldwide.Now our concept is opening its first of 5 locations in Nigeria and we are incrediblyexcited to provide our food and service in this great country. Nigerians have long-craved a true American burger and traditional American fare, and with the openingof Johnny Rockets in Nigeria, they will finally have it.So, come on in to Johnny Rockets and join us Where the good times roll! ™
Lagos, Nigeria
“OVERLY EXP... Good atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was excited to see a new place in town that was not another Chinese, or Indian place.. This was a nice welcome to the growing market of Lagos. I stopped in for a quick bite, I was surprised the decor was actually true diner style.. so well done JRs... I was greeted with smiling faces and a hello.. I sat at the bar and was greeted by the manager, he was quick to inform me of the menu.. I am vegan , so burgers were not for me.. I opted for a tuna sandwich, cheese fries, and a oreo malt... The sandwich was over priced for being just average bread, tuna with lettuce, that was it.. The MALT was awesome.. I think the place is overly priced, even for lagos ( I being here for 10 yrs).. the three items I ordered came to N6400 eqv to $40.68 USD... thats has to be the most exp. tuna, fries and malt, ever.... Yes, the entertainment from staff was a nice touch to the atmosphere, certainly wont get that anywhere else in Lagos.. I wish you all the best success, but at those prices even the wealthy in Lagos will balk at $40.00 for a simple meal for one, let alone two or more..

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Namir S, General Manager at Johnny Rockets, responded to this review, April 8, 2013

It's a Great day at Johnny Rockets !

Thank you for posting on our page. We are happy to inform you that we will soon have veggie patties for our valued vegetarian guests!

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your experience at Johnny Rockets, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Namir Sakr

“The real Johnny Rocket experience in Lagos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The best Johnny Rocket in the World. Why? because it is in Lagos and the taste of the food is very good.
Their MILKSHAKE is a killing! Shame on you if you eat there and don't take a milkshake.
Ambiance is very nice, typical US diner and you also have a special dance from the staff from time to time!
A very nice burger joint to visit with friends and family.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Namir S, General Manager at Johnny Rockets, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

It's a Great day at Johnny Rockets !

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with everyone on our page.

We would like to assure you that our quality will only be going up in order to keep meeting your needs.

We hope to see you soon at Johnny Rockets !

Lagos
“I think I gained 2kg, but well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I love Johnny Rockets abroad, but lowered my expectations for Nigeria. Surprisingly, the food was excellent. It tasted the same as the Johnny Rockets I visited in Dubai and California. I ordered the rocket wings in buffalo sauce, the rocket burger with fries, and a butterfinger milkshake. Then for dessert my friend and I shared the brownie sundae. Everything was DELICIOUS. I didn't leave a crumb on the plates!

I had had the rocket wings before, but had never tried the rocket burger. When I asked the server for a recommendation, he said the rocket burger was his favorite. I was shocked that he knew what it tasted like, but he said that as part of training the staff got to taste all the foods on the menu! This is the first time I've ever been to a restaurant and gotten a meaningful recommendation from the waiter. And he was right, it was delicious. The service was good. A little slow, but understandable since the restaurant was full. The staff was still very friendly and polite though, and when they danced they all seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves. It didn't seem awkward or forced at all like someone else said.

I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying it's expensive. Compared to other restaurants around like Cafe Royale, Bistro 7, and Bungalow, it's competitive and just as delicious!

My menu recommendations would be the rocket burger, a shake (any flavor is delicious), and the brownie sundae. I seriously think it's the best dessert in Nigeria.

But be warned, I went on a Sunday and the restaurant was full so there was a waiting list! I'll definitely be returning, but probably on a weekday in the future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

It's a Great day at Johnny Rockets !

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on our page.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your meal, and your time at Johnny Rockets and we hope to be seeing you soon.

Orlando
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was so impressed with the decor, and extremely impressed with the place.
The dance is exactly like the one in Tennesse. I felt home again. The food is delicious as well, and the price was the same as in other restaurants. I highly advise everyone to eat there. I've been there over and over again. Generally, a very good place, good mood, happy staff and delicious food.

It's a Great day at Johnny Rockets !

We thank you for sharing your experience at Johnny Rockets. We would like to assure you that we give our best harder every day in order to meet our valued guests' needs.

We hope to see you soon at Johnny Rockets.

Lagos, Nigeria
“Average Food but fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had to try out the new Johnny Rockets; my husband is a huge fan of the chain and we have eaten at these restaurants in both the US and the Middle East.
The atmosphere was great...I think that when you open up a restaurant they must give you the "Johnny Rockets" kit with all the pictures and decor included because the place looked just like every other Johnny Rockets I have been in.
The staff was numerous and extremely attentive....although I got the feeling that many of the waiters and waitresses had never been employed in a restaurant before and honestly had no clue what to do. They are trying very hard though and I think it is just the learning curve that they are on right now.
The highlight of the meal was when the entire staff got up and danced to the song "Celebration"! Fantastic. Nothing like a dancing waitstaff to make you smile!
The food....my husband said the burger was really nothing too special. Not as good as in the US and Middle East and not as good as some other burgers he has eaten in Lagos restaurants. I ordered the chili dog, fully loaded. What I received was a good beef hot dog, sliced down the center with a smattering of onion, cheese, and chili. Kinda needed a magnifying glass to see the toppings though.
The shakes were amazing. I got vanilla (my usual) and my husband got one with peanut and chocolate. Fantastic.
Worth a night out, just because it is fun and new and different.
They need to improve the food a bit though, in order to get return customers.

Visited January 2013
Dear Guest,

It's always a great day at Johnny Rockets !

Thank you for posting on our page. We would like to inform you that our kitchen has greatly improved since you have eaten in Johnny Rockets.

We look forward to seeing you soon in our restaurant,