TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“My Latest Discovery...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of GrandBee Suites

You added GrandBee Suites to your Saves list
GrandBee Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31A Joel Ogunnaike Street | Ikeja GRA, Lagos 100101, Nigeria   |
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Lagos
London
“My Latest Discovery...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

That's right...My latest discovery indeed, as it was a case of having my favs, Protea and House J having been fully booked that got me to Grand Bee.

Very lovely building, the reception was amazing, neat environment, and the room was extra-ordinarily spacious. The bed and beddings were spectacularly comfortable...Still the same lovely Eqyptian all-white cotton. The bath facilities are ok for the cost, and, all in all, a very warm and friendly environment.

The internet connection was perfect, but the cellphone reception was intermittently disrupted. I did not try the room service but I suspect from all other strings of experience, it will be cool. Security is manageably tight, and there are user-friendly shops all around, including KFC !!!Try "The Plaice" just round the corner please.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently went to Lagos, Nigeria to visit his family for two weeks. It was my first time visiting Lagos so appropriate accommodations were of paramount importance to both of us. We visited the website and it had very nice photos and descriptions but, I was not sure what to expect in another county.

I am delighted to report that the hotel EXCEEDED my expectations on nearly every level and the pictures accurately reflected the hotel (in fact, the hotel is much better than the pictures show). The premises are very secure, upscale and pristine. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with a very kind and helpful staff. The friendly staff goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that the expectations of guests are promptly and adequately met. We felt “at home” there.

The rooms were also very nice, and the hotel has an amazing restaurant with a great chef. We enjoyed the food so much that we ate there nearly every other night (all of the dishes were so good). There is also a nice bar inside of the hotel as well.

The hotel had a variety of professional guests and was in an area that was very safe and secure with security guards.

We were both very happy with our stay and highly recommend GrandBee Suites to travelers to Lagos.

We are looking forward to our next visit to Lagos and will very likely stay at GrandBee when we visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the GrandBee Suites for almost two weeks between late May and early June while visiting in family in Lagos. We were pleasantly surprised by the ambience of the hotel and the services provided by the warm and welcoming staff. The pictures of the hotel ammenities shown on their website are certainly truthfully reflective of the facility! Our dining experience was excellent (we had the pleasure of meeting the chef and complimenting him on the sumptuous and tasty meals we enjoyed). We noticed that most of the other guests were from Europe and the US which made for a very good mix of cultures. We're already making plans for a return visit some time next year and will strongly consider staying at GrandBee again. Our hope is that, having started really strong, the management of this hotel will maintain the standard they have set for themselves in order to continue to attract guests. We couldn't help but notice a few other hotels under construction in the immediate vicinity that will be sources of a stiff competition very soon. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and only have very good things to say about our experience at GrandBee. It is very much worthy of a try for anyone visiting Lagos!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Grand Bee Suites is a very warm and homely hotel. What intrigued me the most is the staff there. They are very friendly and accommodating. I feel at home and Peaceful.
The security is tight, food is fair. And above all, its closer to the Airport.
I would love to go there often.

• Stayed November 2012
New Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I made my reservation on line with a request for airport shuttle, I was so amazed when i touched down at the port and a gentle man with good look and smile was already waiting with a placard of my name writing on it, their prompt pick up was one thing that give me an impression of where I am going, and I was not wrong. The hotel itself is new and nice. The pool is not so large but, i was on the move and had no time for swimming.

Room Tip: their pool view is superb but small.