TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“A most welcoming hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Lagos Hotel

You added Sheraton Lagos Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Lagos Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way | P.O. Box 21189 Airport Road, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Ranked #32 of 76 Hotels in Lagos
Rüdesheim am Rhein
“A most welcoming hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

A most welcoming hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Nothing was too much of a hassle for the staff and one was always greeted with politeness and a smile! Felt very much at home in this hotel. Great outdoor restaurant by the pool with a fantastic African feel to it and most enjoyable live music and good food! Thank you to all for making us feel very welcome!

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I stayed here for one night on Valentine's Night as it so happened and was very pleasantly surprised. Having read the reviews about how awful the rooms are I was delighted to find myself in a refurbished room on the Starwood Preferred Guest Floor.
The hotel is a hive of activity and particularly so as it was Valentine's Day and there were lots of locals queueing to pay for the buffet/dance function that the hotel had organised by the pool.
As I was alone I elected for a quiet meal for one in the Italian restaurant and the service and food was very pleasant. Nigerians can sometimes some across as being surly but if you show them a smile they warm to you immediately. Bizarrely, a waiter in a cowboy outfit was handing out free glasses of Baileys in honour of Valentine's Day!!!! I didn't quite get the connection but it made me laugh.
There is an excellent choice of bars and restaurants and the lobby bar is always a hive of activity. Thoroughly receommended if you can secure a refurbished room.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
, Manager at Sheraton Lagos Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for the patronage of our hotel and appreciate your very objective feedback. As you are aware, our hotel is obviously in high demand for reasons that are not far fetched:

- most secured hotel in the city.
- variety of Food & Berage outlets
- proximity to the international airport
- etc

Over 60% of the hotel rooms are refurbished. GOOD NEWS! We'll be embarking on renovations of the remaining part of the hotel by the second quarter of this year.

All other issues you have silently raised are also receiving top attention.

Once again, we are very much grateful for this very useful feedback. As look forward to seeing you sometime very soon, pls do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further concerns.
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

I spent three nights here after a few days on Victoria Island at the Eko: what a contrast! Again down a drive, but this time the lobby and check-in area is indoors, giving a more secure feeling.

I had changed my booking: arriving aday early, and after calling to confirm this was OK, I was advised that since I had booked through the British Council, securing slightly better rates (very slightly) than the regular rate, I would have to pay in cash.

I could not withdraw cash on my corporate card, and certainly did not want to be roaming Lagos (regardless of whether I was in a hotel car or not) with that sort of cash on me, so when I arrived and explained that I could not pay in cash, expecting an arguement, the guy checking me in looked at me as though I was barking and told me that a card was perfectly acceptable.

My room was fairly basic. There was a small window overlooking the valley, and the internet worked well, which was a bonus. I was expecting this to be very slow, but it wasn't at all. It was however expensive.

I hosted an event for clients here on the Sunday, which was very good. The staff assisting me were great, the projector etc worked well, and the room was laid out as expected. It was not at all cheap to hire a room for a function though, and my only bug bear was the fact that it was located on the second floor, miles away from the lift and was not easy to find or welcoming in anyway.

I dined outside by the pool one evening, which was pleasant, albeit expensive. They close quite early, taking last food orders at 9pm, and in the end had to order room service by the pool. The managed to get my order right, and I didn't have any issues with the food.

There is a basic selection of bar food and cocktails, and also one can order a hubbly bubbly pipe. This hotel is used by cabin crew, and these guys dominate the lounge area in the lobby. Transport can be organised through the various concessions in the hotel lobby.

I found this hotel better than the Eko by far, but do not expect the usual Sheraton standards. I would recommend to a friend given that this is the best of a bad lot, but I would make this recommendation conditional. The hotel is far closer to the airport, about 30 minutes - allow an hour to get to Victoria Island from here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Port Harcourt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I have oscillated between Lagos and Abuja this year. The ambience of the Sheraton is still maintained. Things are hard. Times are difficult. Circumstances are tough. Paying US$370/night is on the very high side. I stayed in a two-bedroom flat in DOHA for US$130/night. This is an area that must be revisited and very quickly.

For me, every other thing worked. Some challenges about Gold and Platinum Card holders, but that was normal. SHERATON is still the hotel of first choice in IKEJA!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

On arrival, the staff were PAINFULLY slow checking us in. The room I was allocated was tired, old and the air conditioning didn't work. Despite me trying to explain this so the maintenance engineer twice, he couldn't have been less interested. Lighting in the room was intermittent, the bathroom floor was filthy, there was a used condom under the bed, the mini bar was very noisy, so I had to unplug it. Two of the three plug points in the room didn't work and had exposed wiring. No toiletries were provided and I had to phone reception to ask for a bar of soap to wash my hands.

Throughout my stay the staff took an age to do anything and showed no interest in gues satisfaction at all.

Internet access obviously didn't work as advertised, so don't waste your time trying.

Food and drink amazingly expensive for very basic fare, and do not expect service with a smile - you'll be lucky to get service at all!

If I ever see this hotel again it will be too soon. A complete embarrassment to the Sheraton brand. Never, ever, ever again.

• Stayed December 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel and was really disappointed with the overall experience. Completely overpriced for what you get. Infact, I would go as far to say that the price that I was charged was ridiculous. The corridor to the room smelt of must as did the carpets in the room that I was allocated. The check-in process was painful with the receptionist completely disinterested. He was simply there to take the money and nothing else. The room service was very slow but at least edible. The overall experience was not what one expects from a Sheraton hotel, so please avoid this hotel unless you have no other option.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

Stayed on the 6th floor and all in all, was a good stay. The reception was, as ever, fantastic. The room was a little tired and the bedside radio and light array was broken, with wires coming out. The carpet felt unclean and a bit tacky underfoot, but the room was peaceful and I njoyed a good rest.
I ate there for one of my nights, but the waitress couldnt get a grasp of my order.
I ordered a menu item and showed her from the menu, she took a couple of minutes to get the order down on her check pad, during which time, I explained, again what I would like, (as I didn't think she was getting it).
When asked if I wanted ice in my coke, I said no.
The drink came with ice in, the food cam, but couldn't have been more wrong.
I ordered potato gnocci, but I was served seafood.
I was hungry, so just gave in and ate.
Again, i would like to mention that, at all times, the staff were very friendly and helpfull. They just didn't quite follow through.
Would I stay there again? Yes.
Nice restfull sleep, clean sheets and friendly faces. For Lagos, this was a fairly good option.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Lagos Hotel? Share your experiences!