TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Ranked #17 of 71 hotels in Lagos
Singapore, Singapore
“Small compound”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Moorhouse is not very big in size. Corridor to rooms is very narrow. Room is comfortable enough but housekeeping is poor. When I check-in on the first day, I actually found rubbish left behind by the previous occupant still in the rubbish bin. Dirt can also be seen on the floor.

Had dinner every night for 6 nights at the hotel restaurant. Food is ok but staff is very friendly and polite. Breakfast is same for the 6 days. Television channels are very limited and poor reception. Bed is soft and environment is quiet.

• Stayed December 2012
TheMoorhouse, Manager at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear client

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos.
I have taken in consideration all your comments and we will work on them in order to avoid future occurence.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I am resident in Lagos Nigeria and I had to fumigate the house. i book for a night at the Moor house and the atmosphere was just surreal.The drama of Lagos seemed a distant country, the room was excellent and the food just great. I didn't want morning to break to have to go home and do the cleaning up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
TheMoorhouse, Manager at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Client

We are very glad that you enjoy your stay at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos is a hotel that offers calm and harmony in the bustling city of Lagos, also we have other services that I hope you try next time you visit us, like the swimming pool in the garden area, our Gym and we have a SPA Massage Room where you can enjoy after a busy day , the tranquility of this charming place.

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Roubaix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I've just spent 3nights in this hotel for business in Lagos.
Very nice hotel. Everybody is taking care of you. Bedrooms are very clean and nothing missing.(if it was the case, just a call at the reception desk and it will be solved).
I just want to focus on meals. From breakfast to dinner, in the restaurant or in the lounge bar ( I have not try the room service), all was good.

For those who could be afraid, security is at the top. Every cars are control before getting in the parking.

Prices are at the level of the services.

• Stayed October 2012
TheMoorhouse, Manager at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Client,

Thank you for your comments and for sharing your experience at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos, your feedback helps us to keep moving forward and to improve ourselves.

I will share your comments with all our team, I know this will encourage to keep the service at the highest level.

Thank you again and we hope you visit us very soon.

Eric HOUOT
The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had two stays at the Moorhouse within a week- business. What an oasis of calm amongst the chaos of the city nearby. Rooms very clean, well appointed. Service wonderfully helpful - eg. wifi codes, bureau de change sorting minor queries re key cards etc. Ate in the restaurant (breakfast), the bar (burger) and had room service as well. Yes, the food orders were a bit slow, but the food was lovely; well prepared and scrumptious. And remember, if you are waiting for your food, you have more time to enjoy the 70's style bar - wondrous warm red and orange decor... I would definitely recommend this hotel and, should I be in the vicinity, I will return!

Make sure you have fun with the floor numbers in the lift being different to the floor numbers on the floor themselves! Only in Nigeria...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear client

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at the Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos.
It seems that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad that you tried most of our services.
for you next trip I highly recomend you try the swimming pool and discover our massage parlour, this will be good after the usual busy day in Lagos.

I will share your comments with the rest of the team.

Thank you and we hope to host you again in the near future.

Eric HOUOT
The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Not much couleur locale in the Moorhouse (formerly Sofitel) apart from some African darkwoods in the rooms and some Nigerian food options in the restaurant - but entirely comfortable and pleasant to stay in for the international traveller. The pool is indeed nice even if it rains. Very much up to all Western standards.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
TheMoorhouse, Manager at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Client,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our clients.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My company tends to use this hotel for travelling employees as it is supposedly one of the best in Lagos though I have nothing to compare it with. The rooms were a very high standard considering and the hotel was clean, safe and comfortable. Breakfast service perhaps a bit tardy but check out the gym - not bad, pool not exactly Olympic standard but all right. At the time I believe Moorhouse was one of Lagos' premier hotels - these days many more hotels are competing at this level so I think the Moorhouse is struggling to maintain custom - it is expensive like most foreign experiences are in Nigeria (over £200 per night) but you will not be disappointed if you stay here - though I could not imagine why anyone would stay in this part of Lagos unless it was business related - you absolutely must have a driver - do not think for one minute as a westerner you can drive in this city and don't go outside your hotel alone after dark unless in "experienced" company. I rather liked the bar where you could order up food and enjoy the local beer and the usual western stuff - club sandwich a must. Free wifi throughout but each time you logged on you needed a new password from reception. Very helpful and friendly staff - I've been a bit mean on the average rating but you will be fine if you stay here - be sensible in Nigeria and you will be fine - most of the trouble is in the North of the country but get a proper security briefing before you travel and talk to the hotel staff too - I found the Nigerians lovely people - they want you to come back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
TheMoorhouse, Manager at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Client,

We really appreciate all your comments regarding your stay at the The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our clients.

I will share your comments with the team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Regarding breakfast I will take the appropriate measures to address the situation in order to better serve in the near future.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos, I can see you use almost all of our services, now we have a SPA massage that is a new option for our clients after a long day to enjoy a relax moment.

Nigeria

Been to The Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos? Share your experiences!