TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Nice and clean ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Lagos

You added InterContinental Lagos to your Saves list
InterContinental Lagos
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kofo Abayomi Street | Plot 52, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 114 Hotels in Lagos
“Nice and clean ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The ICH is a nice hotel which is basically all there is. It's clean and bright. Beds are comfortable. I didn't have a chance to order lunches or dinners whilst there however if you're a scrambled egg lover for brekkie don't bother !On the 3 counts I ordered they didnt get it right.;)
It is expensive I agree with most other reviewers but hey ! Lagos is one of the MOST EXPENSIVE cities in the world without reasonable value for service, customer or otherwise......

Stayed July 2014
ICLagos, Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Feigne,

Greetings once again,

You truly are a source of support to the hospitality industry.

I realize you have taken more of your valued time to give us more feedback, and as always this is highly welcome and appreciated.

With regards to the culinary experience, it’s our sincere apology that there was a recurrence in delivery of expectation and measures will be put in place that below standards in product delivery are averted.

Thank you once again for the feedback as our esteemed and valued guest.

Kind regards,

Kevin Kamau
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights and found it to cover all the basic needs. It's a new hotel which still has some teething troubles over power in particular. The rooms are very spacious and well designed in my view. The decor is functional rather than designed to be welcoming and as a result the bars and restaurants lack real character or personality. The lobby is enormous but the standard of finishings generally are more impressive in scale than quality. The food was pretty good, if expensive as one would expect. There is a fifth floor terrace bar which is nice in the evenings but if it rains it doesn't leave many good options for a hotel of its scale. Quite nice outdoor pool and decent sized gym.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Segaria 226,

Greetings from Intercontinental Lagos,

Thank you for choosing our establishment as your home away from home during the recent visit.

I note with appreciation the feedback you have conveyed and notably on our Food and Beverage outlet experience.

Indeed it is work in progress and your feedback assists in identifying areas that call for quick fixes to ensure the overall experience of our valued guests, you included are met.

As we strive to take the improvement journey, we are glad you are part of our success drive contributors who are assisting us in maintaining winning areas and improving on need areas.

Best Wishes,

Kevin Kamau,
Toledo, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This Hotel is just EXCELLENT!

Rooms are confortable, clean, big and great bathroom. Bed a dream come true. You can really rest on that mattress.

Good location close to everything but get ready to get a huge cue if you are coming from the airport in the morning (around two hours an a half) or if you are leaving Victoria Island in the evening. Lagos has one of the worst traffick jams that I ever saw in my life

GYM is amazing, well equipments, lot of machines, fresh water available and good swimming pool as well

Very good service at the business center (they will print your boarding pass with an smille)
Great service as well at the concierge center. Jerry is someone to be promotted very soon :), Fast and great service from thgis guy

The bad:

Don´t bother to send emails to the email that appears at the Intercontinental official syte. I´ve sent at least three (requesting taxi for example upon my arrival and I never got any reply back)

The worst: The restaurant serice: Let me explain that:
They have a menu list in every restaurant at the hotel. If you try to get a sandwich in the lobby level the waiter will come back (ten minutes later) offering you to go some other place in the hotel since they don´t really offer sandwiches and they need to go themselves to another other level to collect the order...! OK, so you go to the fith level and order a panini (Which is in the menu!), well, 20 minutes later the waiter arrives telling me that the panini is not cooked at that level and since they need to get it from some other restaurant within the hotel it will take too long!, finally I decided to have a chcicken burger which arrives 30 minutes later.
Hello Restaurant manager!!! something has to be done on that, don´t you agree

In any case ...I will choose once again this hotel in my next visit

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dhaka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Lagos and I can say that this is the best. Yes there are a few issues like the water being warm not hot and tv not working but thanks to Tope at the front this was solved. Still best hotel in Lagos hands down!! Service was good. Can speed up the check out but not to bad, IHG membership well recognized. I can certainly recommend this hotel

Stayed July 2014
Dear Lowell C ,

Greetings from Lagos,

Thank you for the communication regarding your recent stay in our establishment.

I am pleased to know that Tope went a mile in ensuring that any source of potential discomfort during your stay was mitigated to your satisfaction.

I also take this opportunity to thank you as one of our loyal guests being a member of the IHG rewards program and assure you that we are aiming higher through every feedback we receive from our valued members.

I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Best regards,

Kevin Kamau,
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The Intercontinental Hotel's Milano Restaurant served me the worst Italian meal of my life. The hotel advertises the chef is from Italy. Please don't be telling the truth. The pasta was way undercooked dried pasta and the tomato sauce was tasteless.

The hotel is behind barbed wire and big walls and armed guards who allow only one car at a time to enter the grounds and unload or load--because of heavy security concerns. It is one of the main hotels in Lagos for white oil workers

Tip, if you suffer from vertigo, don't let yourself be seated by the railing overlooking the lobby. It's along way down.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
ICLagos, General Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear ‘Smartlight 9’

Thank you for your recent visit to the Italian Restaurant.

We strive to accommodate all our guests and needs and provide the best dining experience and it is troubling to read that we were unable to do this during your visit to us. We have taken note of your comments, and as this is certainly not to the usual high standards of service we provide our guests, we will ensure this does not happen again.

We appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. Please rest assured that We take the feedback very seriously, and we will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to give you a different dining experience.

Johannesburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I spent 2 weeks at this very pretty hotel.However the level of service and value for money did not meet up to my satisfaction.The cost of a meal was up to 50 dollars, a simple pizza was 30 dollars.In the end my bill came to more than 3000 dollars.I think the experience was satisfactory however what you paid did not equal to what you got.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear ‘Lincoln L’,

I regret to read that we did not meet your expectation on service on this visit. We strive to provide each of our guests with a seamless and quality stay that they deserve and I am sorry to read that we did not achieve that on this occasion.

We appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention and are grateful that you chose to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Intercontinental Lagos.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times now with work and it is still strange, you expect that it will be similar to intercontinental hotels elsewhere but it isn't. Under the wrapping it is a hotel that has the makings of a good place but hasn't quite realised what they have.
From my point of view I would rather they price accordingly to the journey to 5* that they should be on... Currently I would estimate this as a three star hotel.
So, the detail...
Outside the security team and welcome party do a good job. Someone always eager to grab your bags which is also nice to see.
Reception is a different kettle of fish... You are often ignored, the man took phone calls whilst serving me last time, they have issues with credit card machines not working properly or atall, one time I had to get a refund from them in NGN as they couldn't refund my card... There is a dedicated place for IHG members to register but I have never seen anyone attending this desk! it's like they don't know the big sign is even there...
The food was not particularly nice, I had an evening meal there which was towards the end of their Sunday buffet, someone told me that it is very popular in the area and is attended by many important people. I thought it was an average buffet at best... Breakfast was not particularly nice either... Lots to choose from but not inspiring, buffet too which would tend to expect from a 3* and not a 5* hotel... Little queues of people in a hurry waiting at Luke warm, dented stainless steel holders for someone to realise that the bacon has run out... Not what you need or expect...
I was upgraded on the last visit to a club room which,apart from being on floor 22 it seemed to be identical to the other room I stayed in previously...
The power is another issue.... It goes off regularly and there is a time lag before the generator kicks in or the power comes back on. This is irritating as the door controls reset, so, you press the button to say do not disturb before you retire to bed, the power goes off and on numerous times whilst you sleep and then the housekeeper is banging on the door and marching in whilst you are trying to recover for jet lag....again, small details that are not expected with this priced and starred hotel.
Lastly, my pet peeve.... The bathroom consumables are a terrible, cheap make and certainly not what you are expecting for that sort of price... I think the room price for a basic room is over 350USD.... So, like I said earlier, either provide the service and whole package to match the price or reduce the price whilst you continue to practice....

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ICLagos, Manager at InterContinental Lagos, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear ‘UkdCham’

Thank you for your recent visit to the InterContinental Lagos and your valuable feedback. We know you have many accommodation options in Lagos and appreciate your loyalty with is.

We are pleased that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay and we thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the hotel condition issues and the quality of food. We appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention and are grateful that you chose to stay with us. Rest assured that this will be reviewed and rectified to avoid the same issue in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Intercontinental Lagos.

Regional General Manager – IHG Africa

Been to InterContinental Lagos? Share your experiences!